*TV sitcom director and Directors Guild of America chief Jack Shea, a veteran of “The Jeffersons” and “Sanford and Son,” died on Sunday in Los Angeles at age 84.
Shea directed 110 episodes of “The Jeffersons” and 91 episodes of “Silver Spoons,” in addition to “Sanford and Son,” “Designing Women,” “Growing Pains” and “The Waltons.”
Shea reportedly helped Jeffersons star Sherman Helmsley perfect his signature “George walk,” which was the exaggerated gait that (partially) made the character famous.
He held the DGA post — a revered position in Hollywood — from 1997 to 2002.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- THE (06-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here