*TV sitcom director and Directors Guild of America chief Jack Shea, a veteran of “The Jeffersons” and “Sanford and Son,” died on Sunday in Los Angeles at age 84.
Shea directed 110 episodes of “The Jeffersons” and 91 episodes of “Silver Spoons,” in addition to “Sanford and Son,” “Designing Women,” “Growing Pains” and “The Waltons.”
Shea reportedly helped Jeffersons star Sherman Helmsley perfect his signature “George walk,” which was the exaggerated gait that (partially) made the character famous.
He held the DGA post — a revered position in Hollywood — from 1997 to 2002.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- J.Lo's 'Shades of Blue' Scores Second Season
- Lamar Sally: ‘Sherri Shepherd Has Made My Life A Living Hell’
- Super Bowl 50: As Seen From Beyonce’s Instagram
- 'Wendy's Style Squad' Coming to BET
- Bills RB LeSean McCoy Scraps With 3 Off-Duty Cops Over Bubbly
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here