*TV sitcom director and Directors Guild of America chief Jack Shea, a veteran of “The Jeffersons” and “Sanford and Son,” died on Sunday in Los Angeles at age 84.
Shea directed 110 episodes of “The Jeffersons” and 91 episodes of “Silver Spoons,” in addition to “Sanford and Son,” “Designing Women,” “Growing Pains” and “The Waltons.”
Shea reportedly helped Jeffersons star Sherman Helmsley perfect his signature “George walk,” which was the exaggerated gait that (partially) made the character famous.
He held the DGA post — a revered position in Hollywood — from 1997 to 2002.
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here