*TV sitcom director and Directors Guild of America chief Jack Shea, a veteran of “The Jeffersons” and “Sanford and Son,” died on Sunday in Los Angeles at age 84.
Shea directed 110 episodes of “The Jeffersons” and 91 episodes of “Silver Spoons,” in addition to “Sanford and Son,” “Designing Women,” “Growing Pains” and “The Waltons.”
Shea reportedly helped Jeffersons star Sherman Helmsley perfect his signature “George walk,” which was the exaggerated gait that (partially) made the character famous.
He held the DGA post — a revered position in Hollywood — from 1997 to 2002.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- HUD to Sue Landlords if They Deny Housing Over Criminal Records
- Wendy Williams, Steve Harvey, 'The Real' Score Emmy Nominations
- Fetty Wap Sends 'Wake Up' Message to Graduates
- John Wayne's Racist Comments Kill Official Recognition in California Assembly
- Dr. Phil Talks Prince, Nick Gordon & Prescription Drug Epidemic (WATCH)
- THE (04-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Beyoncé Partners with Amex & Uber for 'Formation' Fan Experience
- Prince Family Money Fight! Sister Tyka Storms Out of Meeting
- Six Year Old Starved by Parents Forced to Eat Hot Dog Smoothies (Video)
- Master P's Ex Has 'Stripper' Goals - Meet Ayesha Curry's Alter Ego
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here