*Gospel Music Legend Karen Clark Sheard, the first lady of Greater Emmanuel Institutional Church of God and Christ in Detroit, MI, which is pastored by her husband, Bishop J. Drew Sheard, will host an international summit for women who serve in various leadership roles in the church.
Lady Karen Clark Sheard Presents: Ladies 1st “A Celebration of Women” Inaugural Annual International Summit will be held September 18-21, 2013, in Virginia Beach, VA. The summit will bring together women of God who are pastors, co-pastors, ministers, wives, widows and adjutants from all denominations for three days of sharing, healing and breakthrough in a relaxing environment outside of the traditional church landscape.
The summit will be divided into three phases: The Woman Within, The Woman for Her Family and The Woman of the Ministry. The first day will focus on personal needs. It will begin with a day of beauty, pampering, shopping and sightseeing; followed by an afternoon tea time (meet and greet); and capped off with a white carpet dinner and fashion show. The second day is designed to target family needs and issues. The final day of the summit focuses on issues and concerns around ministry. Days two and three will feature a series of workshops and other activities.
The Ladies 1st International Summit is the vision of Clark Sheard, who hopes to use the summit as a platform to recognize and show appreciation to women who give so much of themselves to their families and ministries. Part of Lady Sheard’s vision and goal for the Ladies 1st Summit is to provide enriching and fulfilling tools that will help maximize the full potential in those women who have a sincere heart for servitude. “As a partner in ministry with my husband [Bishop J. Drew Sheard], and through my travels, I get to see firsthand the need for this summit,” she says. “These women of God are often forced to conceal their struggles from the friends, who just don’t understand, and the congregations that they serve. They have stories to tell and hearts to be healed.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince’s Fam Requests Revolution Start Reunion Tour AFTER August Memorial Event
- Judge Favors Chris Brown in Baby Mama’s Attempt to Restrict Custody
- Derek Fisher, Ex-Wife Agree to Destroy Their Frozen Embryos in Divorce Settlement
- Starz Programming Shift Moves ‘Power’, 'Survivor's Remorse' to Sunday Nights
- Tyler Perry on Singing ‘Play That Funky Music’ With Prince (Watch)
- Jay Z Responds to ‘Lemonade’, Shouts Out Prince On ‘All The Way Up’ Remix
- Dog Hours Away from Euthanasia, Saved By Student Vet's Discovery
- Great Beginnings Hosts: 'It Takes a Village' to Celebrate Healthy Babies, Friday May 27
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here