*Gospel Music Legend Karen Clark Sheard, the first lady of Greater Emmanuel Institutional Church of God and Christ in Detroit, MI, which is pastored by her husband, Bishop J. Drew Sheard, will host an international summit for women who serve in various leadership roles in the church.
Lady Karen Clark Sheard Presents: Ladies 1st “A Celebration of Women” Inaugural Annual International Summit will be held September 18-21, 2013, in Virginia Beach, VA. The summit will bring together women of God who are pastors, co-pastors, ministers, wives, widows and adjutants from all denominations for three days of sharing, healing and breakthrough in a relaxing environment outside of the traditional church landscape.
The summit will be divided into three phases: The Woman Within, The Woman for Her Family and The Woman of the Ministry. The first day will focus on personal needs. It will begin with a day of beauty, pampering, shopping and sightseeing; followed by an afternoon tea time (meet and greet); and capped off with a white carpet dinner and fashion show. The second day is designed to target family needs and issues. The final day of the summit focuses on issues and concerns around ministry. Days two and three will feature a series of workshops and other activities.
The Ladies 1st International Summit is the vision of Clark Sheard, who hopes to use the summit as a platform to recognize and show appreciation to women who give so much of themselves to their families and ministries. Part of Lady Sheard’s vision and goal for the Ladies 1st Summit is to provide enriching and fulfilling tools that will help maximize the full potential in those women who have a sincere heart for servitude. “As a partner in ministry with my husband [Bishop J. Drew Sheard], and through my travels, I get to see firsthand the need for this summit,” she says. “These women of God are often forced to conceal their struggles from the friends, who just don’t understand, and the congregations that they serve. They have stories to tell and hearts to be healed.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- DMX Makes Sitcom Debut as Love Expert on ‘Fresh Off The Boat’ (WATCH)
- The Orlando Magic Give Thanks This Holiday
- Ava DuVernay Responds to Lionsgate Apology for 'Egypt' White-washing
- Flashback - Kobe Bryant Ponders Life after Basketball: ‘I’ve Got to Find My Passion’
- Serena Williams is Half-Naked in 2016 Pirelli Calendar (Pics)
- Miami Jury Now Holds Fate of 'Facebook Killer' In Their Hands! (Disturbing Photo)
- What Does Future Require In His Concert Dressing Rooms?
- Female Characters in ‘The Wiz Live!’ Rewritten to be More Empowered
- John Hairston's Gospel Internet Radio Station Hits the Airwaves in January
- 'He Used to Call Me Ma’am' - A Look Back at Kobe Bryant
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here