*Word has it that Kelly Rowland and Paulina Rubio are set to join Demi Lovato and Simon Cowell on season three of “The X Factor,” replacing exiting judges L.A. Reid and Britney Spears.
With auditions slated to kick off Tuesday in Charleston, North Carolina, Simon is expected to make an announcement sometime today, reports MTV News. He tweeted, “We start x factor auditions in Charleston on Tuesday. The new panel will be announced Monday. This is going to be an interesting show!”
According to E! News, the former Destiny’s Child member and the Mexican pop star are in final negotiations to join the panel. Rowland was a judge on the eighth season of the U.K. “X Factor,” and the source noted that it was “the highest-rated U.K. season,” adding, “We have a lot of faith in her as a judge.”
As for Rubio, she judged on “La Voz… Mexico” and recently picked up a spot on “La Voz Kids.” The E! source further reports that the show is looking to hire singers who have experience mentoring on this type of program. Spears and Demi had none when they signed on for the show last year.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Remodeling Your Home: The Risks You Need to Know
- THE (05-02-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- OMG! Did Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, Really Respond to My Friendly 'Hello?'
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here