*Word has it that Kelly Rowland and Paulina Rubio are set to join Demi Lovato and Simon Cowell on season three of “The X Factor,” replacing exiting judges L.A. Reid and Britney Spears.
With auditions slated to kick off Tuesday in Charleston, North Carolina, Simon is expected to make an announcement sometime today, reports MTV News. He tweeted, “We start x factor auditions in Charleston on Tuesday. The new panel will be announced Monday. This is going to be an interesting show!”
According to E! News, the former Destiny’s Child member and the Mexican pop star are in final negotiations to join the panel. Rowland was a judge on the eighth season of the U.K. “X Factor,” and the source noted that it was “the highest-rated U.K. season,” adding, “We have a lot of faith in her as a judge.”
As for Rubio, she judged on “La Voz… Mexico” and recently picked up a spot on “La Voz Kids.” The E! source further reports that the show is looking to hire singers who have experience mentoring on this type of program. Spears and Demi had none when they signed on for the show last year.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Timbaland Reschedules Detroit Charity Gig Following Champagne Tantrum
- 'Too Close' Singer Raphael Brown Wins Sole Custody Of Children
- Naked and Unarmed Black Teen Fatally Shot by Austin, TX Police
- ‘Memory Hackers’ (PBS): Not Just a ‘Men In Black’ Thing Anymore
- Video Stories About 'Good Cops' Show Up (Mysteriously) in My Inbox - Should I Be Concerned?
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: It’s Still a Woman Thing with Hillary
- Blake Griffin Suspended 4 Games For Punching Clippers Trainer
- Hymn to Him: The Power of Congregational Singing!
- Patti LaBelle Joins ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Christina Aguilera
- Khloe Kardashian Joins OkCupid After Split From James Harden
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here