*Word has it that Kelly Rowland and Paulina Rubio are set to join Demi Lovato and Simon Cowell on season three of “The X Factor,” replacing exiting judges L.A. Reid and Britney Spears.
With auditions slated to kick off Tuesday in Charleston, North Carolina, Simon is expected to make an announcement sometime today, reports MTV News. He tweeted, “We start x factor auditions in Charleston on Tuesday. The new panel will be announced Monday. This is going to be an interesting show!”
According to E! News, the former Destiny’s Child member and the Mexican pop star are in final negotiations to join the panel. Rowland was a judge on the eighth season of the U.K. “X Factor,” and the source noted that it was “the highest-rated U.K. season,” adding, “We have a lot of faith in her as a judge.”
As for Rubio, she judged on “La Voz… Mexico” and recently picked up a spot on “La Voz Kids.” The E! source further reports that the show is looking to hire singers who have experience mentoring on this type of program. Spears and Demi had none when they signed on for the show last year.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Great Beginnings Hosts: 'It Takes a Village' to Celebrate Healthy Babies, Friday May 27
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here