*“Scandal” star Kerry Washington is the June cover girl for Elle magazine, which has crowned her “the hottest woman on TV.”
While the ABC political drama has made her a household name, her role in Quentin Tarantino’s Oscar-winning “Django Unchained” has people continuing to pay attention.
“I’m the luckiest broad in Hollywood now,” she told the mag. “To be the lead actor on ‘Scandal’ and to be in the highest-earning Tarantino movie — I don’t get to ask for more.”
The 36-year-old will be in theaters again this weekend in director Tina Gordon Chism’s “Tyler Perry Presents: Peeples,” alongside “The Office’s” Craig Robinson and David Alan Grier.
Washington dons designs by Giorgio Armani, Balmain, Tom Ford, Giambattista Valli and Marc Jacobs for the Elle spread …
…and admits all the glitz and glam has been pretty nice, even the strenuous routine of getting red-carpet ready.
“I found out I enjoy the process,” she said. “All these people show up at my house, they all have kits, someone has dresses. And it’s like, let’s have fun. It’s not all about me. We’re able to create stories on the red carpet.”
Monday night she wore a black and floral Vera Wang gown to the Costume Institute’s annual Met Gala and rocked purple highlights in her hair.
The June edition of Elle featuring Washington on the cover hits newsstands May 21.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Blac Chyna Robbed, Threatens to Sue if Sex Tape with Tyga Leaks
- Chamique Holdsclaw Talks Mind/Game Documentary, Personal Struggle With Mental Illness
- Twitter Trolls React to Old Navy Ad Featuring Interracial Family
- Arsenio Hall Denies Sinead O’Connor's Prince Drug Claim
- Parents, Students Stunned as 2,700 Detroit Teachers 'Call in Sick'
- Beyonce Shows Up at the Met Gala Without U-Know-Who (WATCH)
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Logan Westbrooks, Music Industry Pioneer
- Tupac Shakur's Mother Afeni Shakur-Davis Dies at 69
- No Biggie. White House Shrugs off Recent N-word Controversy
- The Socialist's Journal: 'Meternity Leave'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here