*“Scandal” star Kerry Washington is the June cover girl for Elle magazine, which has crowned her “the hottest woman on TV.”
While the ABC political drama has made her a household name, her role in Quentin Tarantino’s Oscar-winning “Django Unchained” has people continuing to pay attention.
“I’m the luckiest broad in Hollywood now,” she told the mag. “To be the lead actor on ‘Scandal’ and to be in the highest-earning Tarantino movie — I don’t get to ask for more.”
The 36-year-old will be in theaters again this weekend in director Tina Gordon Chism’s “Tyler Perry Presents: Peeples,” alongside “The Office’s” Craig Robinson and David Alan Grier.
Washington dons designs by Giorgio Armani, Balmain, Tom Ford, Giambattista Valli and Marc Jacobs for the Elle spread …
…and admits all the glitz and glam has been pretty nice, even the strenuous routine of getting red-carpet ready.
“I found out I enjoy the process,” she said. “All these people show up at my house, they all have kits, someone has dresses. And it’s like, let’s have fun. It’s not all about me. We’re able to create stories on the red carpet.”
Monday night she wore a black and floral Vera Wang gown to the Costume Institute’s annual Met Gala and rocked purple highlights in her hair.
The June edition of Elle featuring Washington on the cover hits newsstands May 21.
- Brown Family Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice (Report)
- Bobby Brown Vows 'Justice' Over Bobbi Kristina’s Leaked Hospice Pic (Watch)
- Serena Beats Sister Venus, Advances to Wimbledon Quarterfinals
- Misty Copeland to Make Broadway Debut in ‘On the Town’
- WATCH: Bruno Mars and the Obamas Jam to 'Uptown Funk' on July 4th at the White House
- Amari Brown, 7, Shot and Killed While Watching 4th of July Fireworks!
- DeVon Franklin Answers Critics of Wife Megan Good’s Sexy Clothes
- 'Empire' Star Jussie Smollett Honored by Black AIDS Institute (WATCH)
- Donny Osmond on Singing with Janet Jackson and Stevie Wonder
- Malia Obama Joins HBO's ‘Girls’ with Summer Internship
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here