*Actress Kerry Washington is returning to her alma mater George Washington University in Washington, D.C. to deliver the commencement speech for the class of 2013.
The “Scandal” star, who completed her degree in anthropology and sociology at GW in 1998, admits she’s a bit nervous to speak at the May 19th ceremony on the National Mall.
“I’m terrified,” she said. “I want to have a positive impact on these students.”
Washington, who graduated magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa and previously served as a Board of Trustees member, will also receive an honorary degree.
“I am delighted that Ms. Washington has agreed to give the Commencement address,” said George Washington President Steven Knapp, noting that she is emblematic of GW’s commitment to the arts. “She has captured the imagination of our students, and they will benefit greatly, as they head out into the world, from hearing her perspective both as an alumna and as a highly successful actor on stage, in film and on television.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Kobe to Receive 'Legend' Award, Gilbert Arneas Trolls Nick Young
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here