*Actress Kerry Washington is returning to her alma mater George Washington University in Washington, D.C. to deliver the commencement speech for the class of 2013.
The “Scandal” star, who completed her degree in anthropology and sociology at GW in 1998, admits she’s a bit nervous to speak at the May 19th ceremony on the National Mall.
“I’m terrified,” she said. “I want to have a positive impact on these students.”
Washington, who graduated magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa and previously served as a Board of Trustees member, will also receive an honorary degree.
“I am delighted that Ms. Washington has agreed to give the Commencement address,” said George Washington President Steven Knapp, noting that she is emblematic of GW’s commitment to the arts. “She has captured the imagination of our students, and they will benefit greatly, as they head out into the world, from hearing her perspective both as an alumna and as a highly successful actor on stage, in film and on television.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Blac Chyna and Rob K Stand to Make $1 Million for Bay Pics
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here