*Justin Bieber got a talking to from one of his neighbors, former NFL star Keyshawn Johnson, who has complained about the singer driving too fast through their gated community in Los Angeles, The Associated Press reports.
L.A. County Sheriff’s detectives are looking into reports that Bieber zoomed through a 25-mph zone at highway speeds around 8 p.m. on Monday, sheriff’s spokesman Steve Whitmore said.
Johnson was outside with his three-year-old daughter when the Biebs raced by in a white Ferrari. Upset, the former wide receiver got in his Prius and followed Bieber to his home nearby. Johnson prevented Bieber’s garage door from closing and told the singer he wanted to talk about Bieber’s reckless driving. Bieber went into his house without speaking, Whitmore said.
Sheriff’s deputies arrived after receiving two calls about the speeding incident, though Bieber wouldn’t talk to them, either. “His security detail said he declined to talk to us based on the advice of counsel,” Whitmore said.
Deputies interviewed Johnson and another witness and plan to send their report to the L.A. County District Attorney’s Office to consider filing misdemeanor reckless driving charges against Bieber.
It’s not the singer’s first run-in with neighbors. Prosecutors are still considering whether to charge Bieber with battery over an altercation in March with a neighbor who said Bieber threatened him and spit on him when the neighbor complained about noise at Bieber’s house.
“We take this very seriously and if this actually did occur, which it appears that it did, it is unacceptable behavior from anybody, anywhere, anytime,” Whitmore said of the reckless driving allegations.
Bieber recently wrapped a world tour marked by bizarre incidents, including the confiscation of his pet monkey in Germany, a screaming match with paparazzi in London, fainting backstage in London and an ill-advised guestbook entry at the Anne Frank House museum in Amsterdam.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here