*On Monday, a clothing line backed by 28-year-old reality star Khloe Kardashian and her NBA husband Lamar Odom pulled a $35 T-shirt from it’s website after the administration of New York Governor Andrew Cuomo warned that the logo on the item may be in violation of copyright law.
The Daily News revealed that the administration was considering legal action against the couple’s Rich Soil fashion line because a design on one of their t-shirts looked identical to the State of New York’s Department of Agriculture logo. [See below.]
Officials at the administration first became aware of the design after seeing a picture of Khloe wearing one of the shirts. Both logos are basically the same, with the only differences being a trumpet with the letters ‘RS’ for Rich Soil in place of the barn on the agriculture logo and the words “Rich Soil” in place of the words “Price Of” in the circle surrounding the statues of liberty design. Other than a panoramic silhouette of New York City on the Rich Soil T-shirt, just about every other aspect of the two designs are exactly the same.
The governor declined to comment about the apparent victory over the apparent copyright infringement. “I wish I could [comment] in some ways,” Cuomo said at a news conference, “because it would at least be a little more interesting than what I normally do.”
The state had sent a “cease and desist” letter to Rich Soil, warning them that they would sue if they did not immediately stop selling the shirt and provide the amount of money the shirt had made off the design.
Rich Soil has yet to officially respond to the state of New York or media inquiries on the matter. However the shirts have since been pulled from the Rich Soil site and will most likely no longer be sold by the company.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dr. Dre Wants 'Beats and Rhymes' Tour with Snoop, Eminem, Kendrick
- Lamar Odom Found Unconscious at Nevada Brothel; Doesn't Look Good: Report
- Najee Alli, NAN Pressure USC to Consider Hiring Black Coach
- [Watch] Teaser Trailer for Jesse Owens Biopic 'Race'
- Danny Sapani Plays ‘Berber the Moor’ in FX’s Drama 'Bastard Executioner'
- Tamera Mowry-Housely Has 'Goosebumps!' (Photos)
- Chris Bosh and Wife Adrienne Expecting Twins
- President Obama Crashes Wedding at San Diego Golf Course (Watch)
- Taraji P. Henson Slays November Cover of Essence
- Suge Knight Sneaks Birthday Message to Son During Court (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here