*Viewers of Bravo’s new reality series “Newlyweds: The First Year” know that Alaska and Kim Gedeon of New York take the “honor and obey” portion of the woman’s traditional wedding vow very seriously.
In the first episode of the season, Kim admits that she struggled with the whole “wives submit to your husbands” notion for a while. However, she trusts Alaska to lead the household, as the Bible suggests, with both understanding that she still has a voice – just not the final one.“We believe in God, we believe in God’s love and we believe that’s what our relationship is based on” Alaska told us during interviews for the show. “And we believe that you’ll see that when we do conquer the obstacles that we go through. When I mess up, we conquer it. When she messes up, we conquer it because there’s a bigger thing there. It’s not just about she and I anymore.”
On Monday’s episode, let’s just say that their wedding vows will be tested. [Scroll down to watch the preview.]
Below, Kim says Bravo acted like they hit the jackpot upon finding out the depth of their religion as it relates to the marriage.
“Newlyweds: The First Year” airs at Mondays at 10 p.m. on Bravo. Things get rocky for the couple on the next episode. Watch a preview below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here