*Viewers of Bravo’s new reality series “Newlyweds: The First Year” know that Alaska and Kim Gedeon of New York take the “honor and obey” portion of the woman’s traditional wedding vow very seriously.
In the first episode of the season, Kim admits that she struggled with the whole “wives submit to your husbands” notion for a while. However, she trusts Alaska to lead the household, as the Bible suggests, with both understanding that she still has a voice – just not the final one.“We believe in God, we believe in God’s love and we believe that’s what our relationship is based on” Alaska told us during interviews for the show. “And we believe that you’ll see that when we do conquer the obstacles that we go through. When I mess up, we conquer it. When she messes up, we conquer it because there’s a bigger thing there. It’s not just about she and I anymore.”
On Monday’s episode, let’s just say that their wedding vows will be tested. [Scroll down to watch the preview.]
Below, Kim says Bravo acted like they hit the jackpot upon finding out the depth of their religion as it relates to the marriage.
“Newlyweds: The First Year” airs at Mondays at 10 p.m. on Bravo. Things get rocky for the couple on the next episode. Watch a preview below.
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here