But we recently learned via Wilson Morales’ BlackFilm.com that Grace Gibson, the daughter of actress Lynn Whitfield and director Brian Gibson, was added to the cast for her feature debut.
The film is a modern re-telling of Langston Hughes’ version of the Bible’s nativity story.
A street-wise teen from Baltimore, raised by a single mother, takes off to New York to spend Christmas with relatives.
During his stay, he learns a few things, stretches his comfort zone and discovers the true meaning of faith, healing and family.
Written and directed by Kasi Lemmons, the film will include music from Raphael Saadiq.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- A Legendary Night in Los Angeles with the Ojays' Eddie Levert
- Prince’s Half-Brother Alfred Says Sibling Trying to Get Him Declared Mentally Incompetent
- Family of Autistic Teen Mocked by 50 Cent Wants $1 Million (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o, Danielle Brooks, Cynthia Erivo Lock Down Tony Nominations
- Amber Rose to Host Weekly VH1 Talk Show Produced by Dr. Phil
- Tupac Shakur's Mother Afeni Shakur-Davis Dies at 69
- NFL Vet Dana Stubblefield Charged With Raping Developmentally Disabled Woman
- Little Richard Still Alive Despite Internet Rumors...And Praising Prince
- Chris Brown: New Single ‘Grass Ain’t Greener’ Coming May 5
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here