*Love her or not, anyone who saw Mariah Carey on “Good Morning America” today has to admit that she was a boiling hot mess — from her complaining about the early hour, to her near wardrobe malfunction, to her sad attempt at one of her vintage “high-pitched” runs that was neither high, nor pitched.
Carey began her launch of GMA’s “Summer Concert Series” in Central Park by telling host Lara Spencer that she’s “never up at this hour.” Clad in a tight gold Versace gown, Mimi then blurted out, “Oh shoot, now the back of my dress just popped.”
She went on to call out the dress’s designer Donatella Versace, saying. “I love you, Donatella, but it popped, darling.”
Spencer attempted to continue the interview while handlers rushed to her aid. She held her note cards in front of Mariah’s bosom as Carey continued to ramble. “I just wanted to change the ensemble, you know,” the mother of two said. “What should we call this, the Central Park Saga? It seems like a YouTube moment, possibly a Spotify moment!”
After Lara mercifully threw to a commercial break, the show returned with Mariah stationary in front of the mic, like her “American Idol” performance last week, singing “We Belong Together.”
Then later, dressed in a pink dress and struggling to get into position for her performance of new single “#Beautiful,” she cursed on live TV.
“Oh s–t!,” she was heard saying off camera. She followed seconds later with, “You didn’t hear that..”
Meanwhile, Miguel, who is featured on “#Beautiful,” appeared annoyed with the confusion when a camera caught him off stage reacting to a wrong cue to take the stage.
At the end of this clusterfudge, Mariah told the crowd: “Thank you for waking up with me this morning. Sort of.”
Watch it all happen below.
The wardrobe malfunction…
The “Oh sh**!” (at :09) and performance of “#Beautiful” with Miguel.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- BHERC Presents 'Reel Black Men' Short Film Festival on October 24
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Gabrielle Union to Star in ‘A Meyers Christmas’ for Universal
- Matt Barnes Still Swears He Had Something With Rihanna: ‘I’m Too Grown to Lie’
- Damien Sneed Performs During International Breast Cancer Awareness Week in Spain
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here