*Bravo’s newest contribution to reality television comes on Monday, May 6 with the premiere of “Newlyweds: The First Year,” which follows newly-married couples as they navigate through their unchartered first year of marriage.
Featured among the couples are 29-year-old Kimberly Gedeon, a celebrity stylist originally from the Bronx, and her husband Alaska Gedeon, a 32-year-old Brooklynite who works A&R for a major record label.
Both Kim and Alaska work with celebrities, but each saw its impact on their participation in the reality show differently. Alaska wasn’t trying to have cameras infringing on the privacy of his artists.
“I was like, ‘Ah man, I can’t do this,’ because I do work with artists. I do work in this field where I play behind the scenes,” he told us during interviews for the show. However, Kim said she “thought it was perfect.” After all, celebrities are no strangers to being filmed. “I’m like, ‘It’s about married people. How bad could it be?’”
Well, it got pretty bad at times. …However, both are quick to say that the show actually forced them to communicate about their various issues, instead of the usual newlywed habit of keeping things festering inside.
Listen below, and scroll down to watch a featurette on the couple.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Sisters In Law': Rhonda Wills Talks 'Staggering' Prince Estate and 'Criminal' Katrina Pierson [EUR Exclusive]
- Blind Boy (Christopher Ward) Sees 'Pretty' Mom for First Time (WATCH)
- Usher Responds to ‘Skinny’ Hate; ‘1st Look’ at 2Pac Shakur Biopic (WATCH)
- Would You Support a Vet Who Shot a Cat in the Head With an Arrow? (Video)
- Duane and Tisha Campbell-Martin Ordered to Turn Over ‘Dr. Ken’ Paychecks
- Cardell Hayes Gets Indicted in Former NFL Player Will Smith's Murder
- Doc Rivers Tearfully Remembers His Mother; Bankrupt: Petey Pablo
- HUD to Sue Landlords if They Deny Housing Over Criminal Records
- Wendy Williams, Steve Harvey, 'The Real' Score Emmy Nominations
- Fetty Wap Sends 'Wake Up' Message to Graduates
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here