*Bravo’s newest contribution to reality television comes on Monday, May 6 with the premiere of “Newlyweds: The First Year,” which follows newly-married couples as they navigate through their unchartered first year of marriage.
Featured among the couples are 29-year-old Kimberly Gedeon, a celebrity stylist originally from the Bronx, and her husband Alaska Gedeon, a 32-year-old Brooklynite who works A&R for a major record label.
Both Kim and Alaska work with celebrities, but each saw its impact on their participation in the reality show differently. Alaska wasn’t trying to have cameras infringing on the privacy of his artists.
“I was like, ‘Ah man, I can’t do this,’ because I do work with artists. I do work in this field where I play behind the scenes,” he told us during interviews for the show. However, Kim said she “thought it was perfect.” After all, celebrities are no strangers to being filmed. “I’m like, ‘It’s about married people. How bad could it be?’”
Well, it got pretty bad at times. …However, both are quick to say that the show actually forced them to communicate about their various issues, instead of the usual newlywed habit of keeping things festering inside.
Listen below, and scroll down to watch a featurette on the couple.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Chris Brown’s Long Suffering Publicist Quits After He Curses Her Out
- Man 'Pulls Penis Out' to Scan on Self-Service Tray (Yes, He's in Jail)
- Pres. Obama Tries to Name Everyone Who Died on ‘Game of Thrones' - For a Good Cause (Watch)
- Sheila E on Her Prince Tribute for BET and its Emotional Toll
- BET’s Debra Lee on Jesse Williams, D’Angelo’s Absence, Electrocution Concerns for Beyonce, More
- Ludacris to Play Guantanamo Bay on Fourth of July
- Beyoncé's Mama Responds to Those Hating on Bey for Leaving BET Awards
- 2016 BET Awards See Spike in Viewership
- 4 Upgrades to Catch the Eye of Luxury Homebuyers
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Dogs Bark, Sharks Attack, And Alligators Eat People
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here