*Bravo’s newest contribution to reality television comes on Monday, May 6 with the premiere of “Newlyweds: The First Year,” which follows newly-married couples as they navigate through their unchartered first year of marriage.
Featured among the couples are 29-year-old Kimberly Gedeon, a celebrity stylist originally from the Bronx, and her husband Alaska Gedeon, a 32-year-old Brooklynite who works A&R for a major record label.
Both Kim and Alaska work with celebrities, but each saw its impact on their participation in the reality show differently. Alaska wasn’t trying to have cameras infringing on the privacy of his artists.
“I was like, ‘Ah man, I can’t do this,’ because I do work with artists. I do work in this field where I play behind the scenes,” he told us during interviews for the show. However, Kim said she “thought it was perfect.” After all, celebrities are no strangers to being filmed. “I’m like, ‘It’s about married people. How bad could it be?’”
Well, it got pretty bad at times. …However, both are quick to say that the show actually forced them to communicate about their various issues, instead of the usual newlywed habit of keeping things festering inside.
Listen below, and scroll down to watch a featurette on the couple.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep9) Sinned Against
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Provocative New Ebook Details Trump and the GOP’s Race Baiting History and the White House Race
- Put the 'Black' Back in 'Black Friday'
- Kerry Washington Gives Props to her Hubby: ‘The Real Gladiator’
- Look! Patti LaBelle and James Wright Chanel Together Eatin', Dancin & Singin' (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Thousands of Protesters Disrupt Black Friday in Chicago
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here