*Bravo’s newest contribution to reality television comes on Monday, May 6 with the premiere of “Newlyweds: The First Year,” which follows newly-married couples as they navigate through their unchartered first year of marriage.
Featured among the couples are 29-year-old Kimberly Gedeon, a celebrity stylist originally from the Bronx, and her husband Alaska Gedeon, a 32-year-old Brooklynite who works A&R for a major record label.
Both Kim and Alaska work with celebrities, but each saw its impact on their participation in the reality show differently. Alaska wasn’t trying to have cameras infringing on the privacy of his artists.
“I was like, ‘Ah man, I can’t do this,’ because I do work with artists. I do work in this field where I play behind the scenes,” he told us during interviews for the show. However, Kim said she “thought it was perfect.” After all, celebrities are no strangers to being filmed. “I’m like, ‘It’s about married people. How bad could it be?’”
Well, it got pretty bad at times. …However, both are quick to say that the show actually forced them to communicate about their various issues, instead of the usual newlywed habit of keeping things festering inside.
Listen below, and scroll down to watch a featurette on the couple.
- 'Straight Outta Compton' Cast Talks' Straight Outta Compton' (Watch)
- Karen Clark Sheard Drops Highly Anticipated New Release 'Destined to Win'
- THE (08-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Raynette Turner's Death Leads to Probe by State Appointed Special Prosecutor
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here