*Bravo’s newest contribution to reality television comes on Monday, May 6 with the premiere of “Newlyweds: The First Year,” which follows newly-married couples as they navigate through their unchartered first year of marriage.
Featured among the couples are 29-year-old Kimberly Gedeon, a celebrity stylist originally from the Bronx, and her husband Alaska Gedeon, a 32-year-old Brooklynite who works A&R for a major record label.
Both Kim and Alaska work with celebrities, but each saw its impact on their participation in the reality show differently. Alaska wasn’t trying to have cameras infringing on the privacy of his artists.
“I was like, ‘Ah man, I can’t do this,’ because I do work with artists. I do work in this field where I play behind the scenes,” he told us during interviews for the show. However, Kim said she “thought it was perfect.” After all, celebrities are no strangers to being filmed. “I’m like, ‘It’s about married people. How bad could it be?’”
Well, it got pretty bad at times. …However, both are quick to say that the show actually forced them to communicate about their various issues, instead of the usual newlywed habit of keeping things festering inside.
Listen below, and scroll down to watch a featurette on the couple.
- Black Confederate Flag Defender Believes Slavery was a ‘Choice’ (WATCH)
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Black Lives Matter Interview with Lucy McBath
- Congresswoman Waters Applauds U.S.-Cuba Agreement to Open Embassies
- A Camping Checklist for the Prepared Parent
- Surprise! Prince Drops New Sexy Song: 'HardRockLover' (LISTEN)
- The Drought and Fireworks!
- Jordan Flaherty Explores Racial and Economic Justice Issues in New Documentary Series
- THE (07-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- See the Highly Anticipated WGN Thriller 'Underground' at the 2015 Essence Festival with Jurnee Smollett and Show's Other Stars
- OWN's 'The Haves and the Have Nots' Set Ratings Records
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here