*Katie Couric hit up Howard Stern’s SiriusXM radio show on Wednesday (May 29) and dished on her dating life, including PG-rated romantic encounters with Bob Saget and Jeff Probst — and the time when Michael Jackson asked her out.
Now dating NYC financier John Molner (since summer 2012), the widowed TV star admitted to Stern that her dates — one each — with Full House’s Saget and Survivor’s Probst didn’t exactly rock anyone’s world.
Saget “was fun, he was really fun,” Couric recalled. “I had fun, I don’t think I did it for him.” Confirming that the comedian and actor never called again, Couric assured Stern “that’s alright.” As for Survivor host Probst? “I went out with Jeff Probst once too,” she said of Probst, 51. “I think he had puka shells on — that was kind of a weird thing.”
Probst similarly never followed up. After Stern was flabbergasted at both men’s lack of interest, Couric was philosophical — and blunt. “I can’t say that I was devastated that neither called me back,” she confided. “I thought they were both nice guys . . . I don’t think there was real magic there with either [of them], but I enjoyed spending time with them.”
The former “Today” anchorwoman and mother of two also revealed that the late King of Pop tried to broker a dinner date through his friend and spiritual advisor, Rabbi Shmuley Boteach.
Boteach “called me in my office at the ‘Today’ show,” Couric said of the phone call, which took place about a dozen years ago. “[He said] ‘Katie, I have a question for you, are you seeing anyone?’ And I thought, this is so beyond creepy that Rabbi Shmuley is hitting on me. I’m like ‘Rabbi Shmuley, you have like nine kids, what’s going on here?’ I said ‘Actually, I am [seeing someone].’ Because I had a boyfriend at the time.”
She continued the tale: “He said, ‘Oh, that’s a shame . . . Michael [Jackson] said to me ‘That’s the kind of girl I would like to go out with . . .’ and I said, ‘Rabbi Shmuley, that’s very flattering but I am seeing someone . . . will you tell him how flattered I am and what a nice compliment that is?'”
Couric’s take on the late superstar’s interest? “Not to be too psychoanalytical about it, but I think he was looking for a little normalcy possibly, and maybe he saw me as kind of a normal person,” she reasoned. “I do regret not having dinner with him. That would have been insane — breaking bread with Michael Jackson!”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- NYPD’s Top Cop on T.I. Concert Shooting: Rappers are ‘Basically Thugs’
- Memphis Principal's Response to Criticism of School's Handling of Student Shooting Goes Viral
- Oprah Winfrey, Audra McDonald, Patina Miller to Present at Tonys
- Chad Coleman Supports ‘Wire’ Costar Wendell Pierce Amid Battery Allegation
- NFL Vet Hines Ward Joins CNN, HLN as Sports Contributor
- Who Wore it Best? Rihanna vs. Julia Roberts
- Inside The Obamas’ Rumored D.C. Rental Home After Presidency (Pics)
- Ohio Detectives Caught on Tape Calling Trayvon Martin N-Word
- Kim & Kanye Threaten Former Bodyguard with $10M Lawsuit
- The Weeknd, Belly Nix ‘Kimmel’ Performance Over Donald Trump Appearance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here