*Katie Couric hit up Howard Stern’s SiriusXM radio show on Wednesday (May 29) and dished on her dating life, including PG-rated romantic encounters with Bob Saget and Jeff Probst — and the time when Michael Jackson asked her out.
Now dating NYC financier John Molner (since summer 2012), the widowed TV star admitted to Stern that her dates — one each — with Full House’s Saget and Survivor’s Probst didn’t exactly rock anyone’s world.
Saget “was fun, he was really fun,” Couric recalled. “I had fun, I don’t think I did it for him.” Confirming that the comedian and actor never called again, Couric assured Stern “that’s alright.” As for Survivor host Probst? “I went out with Jeff Probst once too,” she said of Probst, 51. “I think he had puka shells on — that was kind of a weird thing.”
Probst similarly never followed up. After Stern was flabbergasted at both men’s lack of interest, Couric was philosophical — and blunt. “I can’t say that I was devastated that neither called me back,” she confided. “I thought they were both nice guys . . . I don’t think there was real magic there with either [of them], but I enjoyed spending time with them.”
The former “Today” anchorwoman and mother of two also revealed that the late King of Pop tried to broker a dinner date through his friend and spiritual advisor, Rabbi Shmuley Boteach.
Boteach “called me in my office at the ‘Today’ show,” Couric said of the phone call, which took place about a dozen years ago. “[He said] ‘Katie, I have a question for you, are you seeing anyone?’ And I thought, this is so beyond creepy that Rabbi Shmuley is hitting on me. I’m like ‘Rabbi Shmuley, you have like nine kids, what’s going on here?’ I said ‘Actually, I am [seeing someone].’ Because I had a boyfriend at the time.”
She continued the tale: “He said, ‘Oh, that’s a shame . . . Michael [Jackson] said to me ‘That’s the kind of girl I would like to go out with . . .’ and I said, ‘Rabbi Shmuley, that’s very flattering but I am seeing someone . . . will you tell him how flattered I am and what a nice compliment that is?'”
Couric’s take on the late superstar’s interest? “Not to be too psychoanalytical about it, but I think he was looking for a little normalcy possibly, and maybe he saw me as kind of a normal person,” she reasoned. “I do regret not having dinner with him. That would have been insane — breaking bread with Michael Jackson!”
- POLITICO Magazine: U.S. Mayors Say Ferguson Could Also Happen in Their Cities
- New 'Legal Equalizer' App Aims to Counter Racial Profiling (WATCH)
- Martin Luther King III and Andrew Young to Attend Voting Right Press Conference
- THE (07-29-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- KDAY 93.5 FM Hosts ‘Uplifting Minds II’ National Talent Showcase Competition Saturday, October 24 at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here