*First lady Michelle Obama is no doubt one of the most influential women of our time.
And Forbes agrees. In the latest issue of the magazine’s “Most Powerful Women,” the presidential wife made it at no. 4, among politicians, philanthropists, celebrities, and CEOs. The top 100 women are ranked based on money, their media presence, and impact over the last 12 months.
Mrs. Obama, noted for her impact on childhood obesity with her Let’s Move campaign, recently joined the fight against gun violence after attending the funeral of Chicago shooting victim Hadiya Pendleton.
Topping the 2013 “Most Powerful Women” list is German Chancellor Angela Merkel (No. 1), Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff (No. 2), and Melinda Gates, Co-chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (No. 3).
Click here to view the rest of Forbes‘ “Most Powerful Women” list.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here