*First lady Michelle Obama is no doubt one of the most influential women of our time.
And Forbes agrees. In the latest issue of the magazine’s “Most Powerful Women,” the presidential wife made it at no. 4, among politicians, philanthropists, celebrities, and CEOs. The top 100 women are ranked based on money, their media presence, and impact over the last 12 months.
Mrs. Obama, noted for her impact on childhood obesity with her Let’s Move campaign, recently joined the fight against gun violence after attending the funeral of Chicago shooting victim Hadiya Pendleton.
Topping the 2013 “Most Powerful Women” list is German Chancellor Angela Merkel (No. 1), Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff (No. 2), and Melinda Gates, Co-chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (No. 3).
Click here to view the rest of Forbes‘ “Most Powerful Women” list.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Ben Carson Now Blaming the Holocaust on Gun Control (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here