*First lady Michelle Obama is no doubt one of the most influential women of our time.
And Forbes agrees. In the latest issue of the magazine’s “Most Powerful Women,” the presidential wife made it at no. 4, among politicians, philanthropists, celebrities, and CEOs. The top 100 women are ranked based on money, their media presence, and impact over the last 12 months.
Mrs. Obama, noted for her impact on childhood obesity with her Let’s Move campaign, recently joined the fight against gun violence after attending the funeral of Chicago shooting victim Hadiya Pendleton.
Topping the 2013 “Most Powerful Women” list is German Chancellor Angela Merkel (No. 1), Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff (No. 2), and Melinda Gates, Co-chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (No. 3).
Click here to view the rest of Forbes‘ “Most Powerful Women” list.
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Cynthia Bailey Could Be Demoted on 'Housewives' for Kicking Porsha
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Wendy Williams ‘Disappointed’ in Nicki Minaj Checking Miley Cyrus (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here