*First lady Michelle Obama is no doubt one of the most influential women of our time.
And Forbes agrees. In the latest issue of the magazine’s “Most Powerful Women,” the presidential wife made it at no. 4, among politicians, philanthropists, celebrities, and CEOs. The top 100 women are ranked based on money, their media presence, and impact over the last 12 months.
Mrs. Obama, noted for her impact on childhood obesity with her Let’s Move campaign, recently joined the fight against gun violence after attending the funeral of Chicago shooting victim Hadiya Pendleton.
Topping the 2013 “Most Powerful Women” list is German Chancellor Angela Merkel (No. 1), Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff (No. 2), and Melinda Gates, Co-chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (No. 3).
Click here to view the rest of Forbes‘ “Most Powerful Women” list.
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here