*Michelle Williams may have finally found her niche in theater.
The former Destiny’s Child singer and gospel artist told MTV News about her experience on the “Fela!” tour.
“It feels amazing to be involved with ‘Fela!’ because I said that between each album, I wanted to do a theater run,” Williams told MTV News. “I’m on my fourth album, and this is my fifth show, actually, so I’m on time. I just need to catch up on an album so it’s five and five, but it’s an amazing experience for me to do both.”
She played the role of ‘Sandra Isadore,’ Fela’s love interest.
“What I like about Sandra is that she saw something in Fela,” she said. “Fela was definitely passionate about his music and passionate about what he was feeling – he knew things were going wrong in Nigeria, he knew there was corruption going on – but [he was] emotional about things [that he hadn’t] studied, researched and gotten all the facts [about], and that’s what Sandra helped him to do. I like how she loved him, saw the potential in him and she helped him to learn more about himself and his country.”
Michelle expressed her appreciation for the learning process, joking about how she managed to get through the tour without one nervous breakdown.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (02-10-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Lalah Hathaway & Kindred the Family Soul Headline ATL SLMF
- Timbaland Reschedules Detroit Charity Gig Following Champagne Tantrum
- 'Too Close' Singer Raphael Brown Wins Sole Custody Of Children
- Naked and Unarmed Black Teen Fatally Shot by Austin, TX Police
- ‘Memory Hackers’ (PBS): Not Just a ‘Men In Black’ Thing Anymore
- Video Stories About 'Good Cops' Show Up (Mysteriously) in My Inbox - Should I Be Concerned?
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: It’s Still a Woman Thing with Hillary
- Blake Griffin Suspended 4 Games For Punching Clippers Trainer
- Hymn to Him: The Power of Congregational Singing!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here