And of course a lot of people are happy for her, but one particular person isn’t. That would be singer Natalie Cole.
And why is that? Because the song 23-year-old Candace chose to sing was Natalie’s 1975 hit, “Inseparable,” which she sang with … Jennifer Hudson.
“AI” judge Randy Jackson thought it “best ever” Idol performance. Uh oh.
Yep, if you think you know where this is going, you’re right.
Bottom line, Natalie Cole was none too pleased and said so via Twitter and Facebook:
“Make no mistake…’Inseparable’ was NOT originally recorded by Jennifer Hudson, but by ME…. American Idol… http://fb.me/243VjYiIU”
Thegrio wrote that “Cole also addressed a tweet to Idol’s account saying”:
“@AmericanIdol ought to be ashamed of themselves! I’m seriously offended! #Idol #Idolfinale.” She later deleted the tweet.
Interestingly, one of Cole’s Twitter followers disagreed with her and called her out:
“Get real, and let someone else have their moment. If u recorded it first so be it – but u don’t need to rain on a parade.”
For more on Candice Glover’s big win, see our coverage here.
Watch Candice Glover and Jennifer Hudson’s killer performance of “Inseparable”:
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here