And of course a lot of people are happy for her, but one particular person isn’t. That would be singer Natalie Cole.
And why is that? Because the song 23-year-old Candace chose to sing was Natalie’s 1975 hit, “Inseparable,” which she sang with … Jennifer Hudson.
“AI” judge Randy Jackson thought it “best ever” Idol performance. Uh oh.
Yep, if you think you know where this is going, you’re right.
Bottom line, Natalie Cole was none too pleased and said so via Twitter and Facebook:
“Make no mistake…’Inseparable’ was NOT originally recorded by Jennifer Hudson, but by ME…. American Idol… http://fb.me/243VjYiIU”
Thegrio wrote that “Cole also addressed a tweet to Idol’s account saying”:
“@AmericanIdol ought to be ashamed of themselves! I’m seriously offended! #Idol #Idolfinale.” She later deleted the tweet.
Interestingly, one of Cole’s Twitter followers disagreed with her and called her out:
“Get real, and let someone else have their moment. If u recorded it first so be it – but u don’t need to rain on a parade.”
For more on Candice Glover’s big win, see our coverage here.
Watch Candice Glover and Jennifer Hudson’s killer performance of “Inseparable”:
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here