And of course a lot of people are happy for her, but one particular person isn’t. That would be singer Natalie Cole.
And why is that? Because the song 23-year-old Candace chose to sing was Natalie’s 1975 hit, “Inseparable,” which she sang with … Jennifer Hudson.
“AI” judge Randy Jackson thought it “best ever” Idol performance. Uh oh.
Yep, if you think you know where this is going, you’re right.
Bottom line, Natalie Cole was none too pleased and said so via Twitter and Facebook:
“Make no mistake…’Inseparable’ was NOT originally recorded by Jennifer Hudson, but by ME…. American Idol… http://fb.me/243VjYiIU”
Thegrio wrote that “Cole also addressed a tweet to Idol’s account saying”:
“@AmericanIdol ought to be ashamed of themselves! I’m seriously offended! #Idol #Idolfinale.” She later deleted the tweet.
Interestingly, one of Cole’s Twitter followers disagreed with her and called her out:
“Get real, and let someone else have their moment. If u recorded it first so be it – but u don’t need to rain on a parade.”
For more on Candice Glover’s big win, see our coverage here.
Watch Candice Glover and Jennifer Hudson’s killer performance of “Inseparable”:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (02-10-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Lalah Hathaway & Kindred the Family Soul Headline ATL SLMF
- Timbaland Reschedules Detroit Charity Gig Following Champagne Tantrum
- 'Too Close' Singer Raphael Brown Wins Sole Custody Of Children
- Naked and Unarmed Black Teen Fatally Shot by Austin, TX Police
- ‘Memory Hackers’ (PBS): Not Just a ‘Men In Black’ Thing Anymore
- Video Stories About 'Good Cops' Show Up (Mysteriously) in My Inbox - Should I Be Concerned?
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: It’s Still a Woman Thing with Hillary
- Blake Griffin Suspended 4 Games For Punching Clippers Trainer
- Hymn to Him: The Power of Congregational Singing!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here