*Ol’ Dirty Bastard’s widow got wind of the hologram organizers of the upcoming Rock the Bells Festival plan to use in place of the late rapper, and has filed a motion to shut the entire idea down.
As previously reported, promoters are planning to resurrect the former Wu-Tang Clan member in the form of a hologram at the 2013 touring hip-hop festival, which kicks off in September. But his wife, Icelene Jones, has taken legal measures to ensure ODB won’t be included in the digital performance, also expected to feature Eazy-E.
Jones, who is in control of the late legend’s estate (which owns the rights to his lyrics, performances and likeness), has issued a cease and desist order to event planners. She says, “I am disappointed that Rock the Bells would not contact me directly about the use of my husband’s image. I am looking forward to talking to Wu-Tang about this matter and coming up with a positive solution.”
ODB’s mother, Cherry Jones, who has been influential in maintaining her son’s legacy, has not yet spoken out about the pending litigation, but earlier this week she attended the press conference where the news was announced to show her support for the gig.
She said of the hologram, “It was so wonderful to stand by him again… I think it’s amazing. I want to sing with it.”
The 35 year old, real name Russell Jones, died in 2004.
- Michael B. Jordan, Kate Mara Put Up with Rude, Race Baiting Questions (WATCH)
- Darren Wilson Opens Up A Year After His Killing of Mike Brown
- Secret Service Expert 'Outs' Hillary Clinton's Marriage as 'Fake'
- D.L. Hughley: If Trump Says 'N*gger’ He'll be Elected Tomorrow (WATCH)
- Happy Birthday Mr. President! Today is Barack Obama's 54th B-day
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Cousin Admits Being Barred From Burial
- Donald Trump: Obama Blew it for Future Black President Hopefuls
- The Socialist's Journal: The Value of Lives (Cecil the Lion)
- Min. Paul Scott/Straight Outta Con Man: Exposin’ the Truth About NWA
- 'Straight Outta Compton' Cast Talks' Straight Outta Compton' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here