*Ol’ Dirty Bastard’s widow got wind of the hologram organizers of the upcoming Rock the Bells Festival plan to use in place of the late rapper, and has filed a motion to shut the entire idea down.
As previously reported, promoters are planning to resurrect the former Wu-Tang Clan member in the form of a hologram at the 2013 touring hip-hop festival, which kicks off in September. But his wife, Icelene Jones, has taken legal measures to ensure ODB won’t be included in the digital performance, also expected to feature Eazy-E.
Jones, who is in control of the late legend’s estate (which owns the rights to his lyrics, performances and likeness), has issued a cease and desist order to event planners. She says, “I am disappointed that Rock the Bells would not contact me directly about the use of my husband’s image. I am looking forward to talking to Wu-Tang about this matter and coming up with a positive solution.”
ODB’s mother, Cherry Jones, who has been influential in maintaining her son’s legacy, has not yet spoken out about the pending litigation, but earlier this week she attended the press conference where the news was announced to show her support for the gig.
She said of the hologram, “It was so wonderful to stand by him again… I think it’s amazing. I want to sing with it.”
The 35 year old, real name Russell Jones, died in 2004.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Woman Crashes Own Funeral, Shocking Husband Who Paid to Have Her Killed
- Coastal Town Being 'Targeted' by Great White Sharks
- NFL Great Jim Brown Celebrates 80th Birthday with Celebs and Family
- Meek Mill Sentenced to House Arrest & Six Years Probation
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here