*“American Idol” is considering former contestants to fill out the vacant spots on the judging panel next season, according to a new report by Vulture.
Although both Fox and the companies that produce the show have yet to comment, sources tell Vulture that Jennifer Hudson and Kelly Clarkson have both been approached, and that Adam Lambert and Clay Aiken are being considered.
Earlier this month, The Wrap reported that all four Season 12 judges — Randy Jackson, Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban — and executive producer Nigel Lythgoe would be dropped. So far, only Jackson has confirmed his departure.
While Us Weekly reported earlier this month that Nicki Minaj would not be returning, it has yet to be confirmed.
In a conference call with reporters last week, Fox Entertainment President Kevin Reilly did not comment on the status of the three remaining judges for Season 13, but said it was likely that “Idol” would return to a three-judge panel and that “everything at this point is on the table.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Ben Carson Now Blaming the Holocaust on Gun Control (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here