*“American Idol” is considering former contestants to fill out the vacant spots on the judging panel next season, according to a new report by Vulture.
Although both Fox and the companies that produce the show have yet to comment, sources tell Vulture that Jennifer Hudson and Kelly Clarkson have both been approached, and that Adam Lambert and Clay Aiken are being considered.
Earlier this month, The Wrap reported that all four Season 12 judges — Randy Jackson, Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban — and executive producer Nigel Lythgoe would be dropped. So far, only Jackson has confirmed his departure.
While Us Weekly reported earlier this month that Nicki Minaj would not be returning, it has yet to be confirmed.
In a conference call with reporters last week, Fox Entertainment President Kevin Reilly did not comment on the status of the three remaining judges for Season 13, but said it was likely that “Idol” would return to a three-judge panel and that “everything at this point is on the table.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Janet Jackson’s Trainer Reveals How to Get Her Famous Abs
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here