*“American Idol” is considering former contestants to fill out the vacant spots on the judging panel next season, according to a new report by Vulture.
Although both Fox and the companies that produce the show have yet to comment, sources tell Vulture that Jennifer Hudson and Kelly Clarkson have both been approached, and that Adam Lambert and Clay Aiken are being considered.
Earlier this month, The Wrap reported that all four Season 12 judges — Randy Jackson, Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban — and executive producer Nigel Lythgoe would be dropped. So far, only Jackson has confirmed his departure.
While Us Weekly reported earlier this month that Nicki Minaj would not be returning, it has yet to be confirmed.
In a conference call with reporters last week, Fox Entertainment President Kevin Reilly did not comment on the status of the three remaining judges for Season 13, but said it was likely that “Idol” would return to a three-judge panel and that “everything at this point is on the table.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Pulse of Entertainment: ‘The Legend of Tarzan’ Continues with the Epic Warner Bros.’ Presentation
- Kellita Smith Joins the Cast of 'In the Cut'
- FBI: No Evidence Orlando Gunman Omar Mateen Was Gay
- Vince Wilfork: 'Big Boned' NFL Lineman Brings the Sexy to ESPN's 'Body Issue' (PHOTOS)
- Tina Lawson Explains Why Beyonce Hated Her Wedding Dress
- Ciara, Kim Kardashian, Chrissy Teigen Cameo in Fergie’s New ‘M.I.L.F. $’ Video (Watch)
- NFL’s Jason Pierre Paul Shows Blown Up Hand in New Firework Safety PSA (Watch)
- Fugitive Shanika Minor from FBI’s Most Wanted List Caught in North Carolina Motel
- Tavis Smiley: Prince ‘Locked Himself in his Bedroom for Days' After Michael Jackson Died (Watch)
- Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles Cover Teen Vogue, Talk Body Acceptance (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here