*“American Idol” is considering former contestants to fill out the vacant spots on the judging panel next season, according to a new report by Vulture.
Although both Fox and the companies that produce the show have yet to comment, sources tell Vulture that Jennifer Hudson and Kelly Clarkson have both been approached, and that Adam Lambert and Clay Aiken are being considered.
Earlier this month, The Wrap reported that all four Season 12 judges — Randy Jackson, Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban — and executive producer Nigel Lythgoe would be dropped. So far, only Jackson has confirmed his departure.
While Us Weekly reported earlier this month that Nicki Minaj would not be returning, it has yet to be confirmed.
In a conference call with reporters last week, Fox Entertainment President Kevin Reilly did not comment on the status of the three remaining judges for Season 13, but said it was likely that “Idol” would return to a three-judge panel and that “everything at this point is on the table.”
- Beautiful Diversity of Redheads of African Descent Documented
- Zendaya Checks Twitter Hater Who Called her Parents ‘Ugly’
- Chris Brown Rips Baby Mama for Having a BF Accused of Forgery
- Watch Serena Williams Do Her Karaoke Thing with 'The Little Mermaid'
- Who Knew?! Chris Brown Owns 14 Burger King Restaurants
- Ex-NFLer Simeon Rice Brings Thriller 'Unsullied' to Screens Nationally
- Uncle Luke Says Rappers 'Wasn't Wifin' Hoes' Before Kanye
- Louisiana Man: 'I've Never Had a Racist Bone in My Body' ... But Don't Tempt Me! (Watch)
- Derrick Rose Responds to Drugging/Rape Claims From Ex-Girlfriend
- Russell Westbrook's Weekend Plans Include Wedding to Girlfriend
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here