*“American Idol” is considering former contestants to fill out the vacant spots on the judging panel next season, according to a new report by Vulture.
Although both Fox and the companies that produce the show have yet to comment, sources tell Vulture that Jennifer Hudson and Kelly Clarkson have both been approached, and that Adam Lambert and Clay Aiken are being considered.
Earlier this month, The Wrap reported that all four Season 12 judges — Randy Jackson, Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban — and executive producer Nigel Lythgoe would be dropped. So far, only Jackson has confirmed his departure.
While Us Weekly reported earlier this month that Nicki Minaj would not be returning, it has yet to be confirmed.
In a conference call with reporters last week, Fox Entertainment President Kevin Reilly did not comment on the status of the three remaining judges for Season 13, but said it was likely that “Idol” would return to a three-judge panel and that “everything at this point is on the table.”
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Mariah Carey to Direct Hallmark Film, Sets NYC Xmas Shows, European Tour
- Sounds of Blackness Releases Incredible Anthem 'Black Lives Matter: No Justice No Peace!' (WATCH/LISTEN)
- Confederate Flags Left At Martin Luther King’s Church in Atlanta
- Freedom Day Has Come for America's Youngest Murderers (Video)
- ‘Death By Gossip With Wendy Williams’ Set for Fall Debut on ID
- Chief Keef Plans to Perform in 3 Cities Simultaneously Via Hologram
- Instagram’s ‘Hot Gay Dads’ Call it Quits
- Amber Rose Criticized for Teaching Her Baby 'Hood English' (WATCH)
- Mother of Three Killed By Ex-Boyfriend-Baby-Daddy-Gang Member
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here