*Rihanna is taking legal action against the UK department store chain Topshop for using an ”unflattering” image of her on their T-shirts, and is calling the quality of the garments “poor,” according to High Court papers.
The 25-year-old is reportedly demanding $5 million from the high street chain after they used a picture of her with her hair tied up in a bandanna. According to the claim filed by Riri’s lawyer Reed Smith, she would have never allowed the photograph to be used.
A section of the claim, which was filed in March 2012 and just recently obtained by the Daily Mirror, reads: “The base image of the first claimant [Rihanna] is of such an unflattering nature that it would not be approved.”
The snapshot, taken from her “We Found Love” video [see photo above], was described in the claim as a “low-quality image,” while the quality of the shirts were referred to as “poor” and “a product that would not have been authorized by the first claimant.”
Topshop were said to have been in talks with Rihanna about a $5,000 settlement but matters are now heading to Her Majesty’s High Court of Justice in London this summer after eight months of unsuccessful negotiations.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here