*Rihanna is taking legal action against the UK department store chain Topshop for using an ”unflattering” image of her on their T-shirts, and is calling the quality of the garments “poor,” according to High Court papers.
The 25-year-old is reportedly demanding $5 million from the high street chain after they used a picture of her with her hair tied up in a bandanna. According to the claim filed by Riri’s lawyer Reed Smith, she would have never allowed the photograph to be used.
A section of the claim, which was filed in March 2012 and just recently obtained by the Daily Mirror, reads: “The base image of the first claimant [Rihanna] is of such an unflattering nature that it would not be approved.”
The snapshot, taken from her “We Found Love” video [see photo above], was described in the claim as a “low-quality image,” while the quality of the shirts were referred to as “poor” and “a product that would not have been authorized by the first claimant.”
Topshop were said to have been in talks with Rihanna about a $5,000 settlement but matters are now heading to Her Majesty’s High Court of Justice in London this summer after eight months of unsuccessful negotiations.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton Declares May 23rd ‘Beyonce Day’, Then Lightning Strikes
- Serena Williams Pulls Off Series of Mind-Blowing Tennis Trick Shots (Watch)
- Researchers: NFL and 'Police Academy' Star Bubba Smith Had CTE When He Died
- Paris Jackson Inks Dad’s ‘Dangerous’ Album Cover on her Arm
- NBA Taps ‘Champion’ From The Roots as 2016 Finals Theme Song (Listen)
- Wow! 67-Year-Old Former Harlem Drug Dealer Graduates from Columbia (Watch)!
- Carmen Electra on Prince’s Death: ‘I Just Hope People Understand What Pain Is’ (Watch)
- VH1’s ‘Hip Hop Honors’ Returning to Salute the Ladies
- ‘The Real’s’ Adrienne Bailon Calls Tamar Braxton ‘My Sister Forever’
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: You Don't Know What You Don't Know
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here