*Rihanna is taking legal action against the UK department store chain Topshop for using an ”unflattering” image of her on their T-shirts, and is calling the quality of the garments “poor,” according to High Court papers.
The 25-year-old is reportedly demanding $5 million from the high street chain after they used a picture of her with her hair tied up in a bandanna. According to the claim filed by Riri’s lawyer Reed Smith, she would have never allowed the photograph to be used.
A section of the claim, which was filed in March 2012 and just recently obtained by the Daily Mirror, reads: “The base image of the first claimant [Rihanna] is of such an unflattering nature that it would not be approved.”
The snapshot, taken from her “We Found Love” video [see photo above], was described in the claim as a “low-quality image,” while the quality of the shirts were referred to as “poor” and “a product that would not have been authorized by the first claimant.”
Topshop were said to have been in talks with Rihanna about a $5,000 settlement but matters are now heading to Her Majesty’s High Court of Justice in London this summer after eight months of unsuccessful negotiations.
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Watch Obama Meet Woman Named Weezy and Break Into ‘Jeffersons’ Theme Song
- Queen Latifah Moved By Her Own ‘Bessie’ Performance: I ‘Made Myself Cry’
- Floyd Mayweather, Jr. to Ronda Rousey: ‘Big Bank Take Little Bank’
- Beautiful Diversity of Redheads of African Descent Documented
- Zendaya Checks Twitter Hater Who Called her Parents ‘Ugly’
- Chris Brown Rips Baby Mama for Having a BF Accused of Forgery
- Watch Serena Williams Do Her Karaoke Thing with 'The Little Mermaid'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here