*Rihanna is taking legal action against the UK department store chain Topshop for using an ”unflattering” image of her on their T-shirts, and is calling the quality of the garments “poor,” according to High Court papers.
The 25-year-old is reportedly demanding $5 million from the high street chain after they used a picture of her with her hair tied up in a bandanna. According to the claim filed by Riri’s lawyer Reed Smith, she would have never allowed the photograph to be used.
A section of the claim, which was filed in March 2012 and just recently obtained by the Daily Mirror, reads: “The base image of the first claimant [Rihanna] is of such an unflattering nature that it would not be approved.”
The snapshot, taken from her “We Found Love” video [see photo above], was described in the claim as a “low-quality image,” while the quality of the shirts were referred to as “poor” and “a product that would not have been authorized by the first claimant.”
Topshop were said to have been in talks with Rihanna about a $5,000 settlement but matters are now heading to Her Majesty’s High Court of Justice in London this summer after eight months of unsuccessful negotiations.
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Lester Holt Tops Ratings in 1st Week as Official ‘Nightly News’ Anchor
- First Look: Chiwetel Ejiofor, Julia Roberts in ‘Secret in Their Eyes’ (Trailer)
- Halle Berry on Leaving Modeling for Acting: ‘It Took Me Years to Build Respect’
- Victoria Rowell Wants Back on ‘The Young and the Restless’?
- Are We Bananas or is This Dude One Handsome Gorilla?
- Essence Expands Digital Programming with 'Live from the Essence Festival'
- Cops Called to Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Over Family Fights
- Mexico Won’t Send Contestant to Miss Universe Due to Donald Trump
- Misty Copeland Named 1st Black Female Principal Dancer at American Ballet Theatre
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here