*Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III and his fiancé Rebecca Liddicoat have been receiving wedding gifts from fans who read that they are registered at Bed Bath & Beyond.
And to some, that’s a problem.
The link to their Bed Bath & Beyond registry was posted last week by The Washington Post, unbeknownst to the couple. According to the registry, Griffin and Liddicoat are scheduled to be married on July 6.
On Sunday, the 23-year-old expressed his appreciation to his fans’ surprise purchases in a tweet.
“Thank you to the Fans who are helping buy ALL the items from our wedding registry at Bed Bath & Beyond,” he wrote, including a photo of himself posing in front of several empty boxes.
He later responded to apparent backlash he received by people who objected to the prospect of fans buying gifts for an NFL quarterback.
“I didn’t ask the fans to buy me anything,” he wrote. “They found it on their own and decided to get what they could. SMH at all these Debbie downers.”
He also tweeted: “Because you are rich you are not allowed to receive gifts and any gifts you receive should be donated to charity???? #WOW Smh [shaking my head]…”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Stacey Dash Responds to Anthony Anderson Slamming Her at Image Awards
- Saturday Bets Evens Action Between Broncos and Panthers in 'Vegas
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show, GoFundMe Controversy, Toyota Upcharges Minorities & More! | BHL's This Week
- Deion Sanders Pushes Josh Norman’s Buttons Re: Odell Beckham Jr. Incident
- Anthony Michael Hobbs’ 'One Nation' Screening at Bonita Springs Int'l Film Fest Feb.13
- Dencia Drags MLK into Skin Whitening War with LisaRaye (WATCH)
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here