*Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III and his fiancé Rebecca Liddicoat have been receiving wedding gifts from fans who read that they are registered at Bed Bath & Beyond.
And to some, that’s a problem.
The link to their Bed Bath & Beyond registry was posted last week by The Washington Post, unbeknownst to the couple. According to the registry, Griffin and Liddicoat are scheduled to be married on July 6.
On Sunday, the 23-year-old expressed his appreciation to his fans’ surprise purchases in a tweet.
“Thank you to the Fans who are helping buy ALL the items from our wedding registry at Bed Bath & Beyond,” he wrote, including a photo of himself posing in front of several empty boxes.
He later responded to apparent backlash he received by people who objected to the prospect of fans buying gifts for an NFL quarterback.
“I didn’t ask the fans to buy me anything,” he wrote. “They found it on their own and decided to get what they could. SMH at all these Debbie downers.”
He also tweeted: “Because you are rich you are not allowed to receive gifts and any gifts you receive should be donated to charity???? #WOW Smh [shaking my head]…”
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here