*Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III and his fiancé Rebecca Liddicoat have been receiving wedding gifts from fans who read that they are registered at Bed Bath & Beyond.
And to some, that’s a problem.
The link to their Bed Bath & Beyond registry was posted last week by The Washington Post, unbeknownst to the couple. According to the registry, Griffin and Liddicoat are scheduled to be married on July 6.
On Sunday, the 23-year-old expressed his appreciation to his fans’ surprise purchases in a tweet.
“Thank you to the Fans who are helping buy ALL the items from our wedding registry at Bed Bath & Beyond,” he wrote, including a photo of himself posing in front of several empty boxes.
He later responded to apparent backlash he received by people who objected to the prospect of fans buying gifts for an NFL quarterback.
“I didn’t ask the fans to buy me anything,” he wrote. “They found it on their own and decided to get what they could. SMH at all these Debbie downers.”
He also tweeted: “Because you are rich you are not allowed to receive gifts and any gifts you receive should be donated to charity???? #WOW Smh [shaking my head]…”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Keke Wyatt's Emotional Cover of Prince’s ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ (Watch)
- Al Sharpton Rips Larry Wilmore’s ‘My N**ga’ Salute to Obama (Watch)
- Justin Lin in Talks to Direct Lebron James in 'Space Jam 2'
- New Daytime Talk Show ‘The Preachers’ to Get Summer Test Run (Video)
- Oprah Winfrey to Star in HBO Films' ‘Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks’
- Kerry Washington Pregnant With Second Child
- Steve Harvey’s Twin Daughters to Co-Host ‘Twin Hour’ Episode (Clip)
- Jay Z, Blue Ivy Do the Kid-N-Play Dance at Beyonce’s Formation Tour (Watch)
- Helen Mirren Rocks Purple Dress and Prince Tattoo at WHCD (Pics)
- Man Who Claims He Owns Entire Prince Catalog Challenged by Estate
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here