*Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III and his fiancé Rebecca Liddicoat have been receiving wedding gifts from fans who read that they are registered at Bed Bath & Beyond.
And to some, that’s a problem.
The link to their Bed Bath & Beyond registry was posted last week by The Washington Post, unbeknownst to the couple. According to the registry, Griffin and Liddicoat are scheduled to be married on July 6.
On Sunday, the 23-year-old expressed his appreciation to his fans’ surprise purchases in a tweet.
“Thank you to the Fans who are helping buy ALL the items from our wedding registry at Bed Bath & Beyond,” he wrote, including a photo of himself posing in front of several empty boxes.
He later responded to apparent backlash he received by people who objected to the prospect of fans buying gifts for an NFL quarterback.
“I didn’t ask the fans to buy me anything,” he wrote. “They found it on their own and decided to get what they could. SMH at all these Debbie downers.”
He also tweeted: “Because you are rich you are not allowed to receive gifts and any gifts you receive should be donated to charity???? #WOW Smh [shaking my head]…”
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here