*Former BET host of “Don’t Sleep!” may not be sleeping well himself these days. He doesn’t have a job! The journalist announced that he’s an official free agent.
Last Thursday, BET finally succumbed to the pressure of telling fans that “Don’t Sleep” wasn’t going to return for another season, reports Richard Prince’s Journal-isms.
According to R. Thomas Umstead for the Multichannel News, ratings continued to remain low for the show as it aired weeknights.
“After generating a series-high 1 million viewers for its Oct. 9 episode, the series averaged less than 400,000 viewers before being revamped into a weekly, one-hour format on Nov. 14. The last new episode of the series aired Dec. 19.”
But BET has not canceled the show.
Holmes told Journal-isms by telephone, “I will never, ever regret thinking that my heart was in the right place,” a young black man taking his skills “to do something that was not being done for our community,” that is, providing a daily news show geared toward African Americans. “You learn from the mistakes, there are questions I should have asked, things that should have been cleared up,” but reaching the black community in that way was “an opportunity I would love to have” again, Holmes said.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- R.Kelly Accused of Screwing Promoter Out of $500k
- W. Kamau Bell Screens 'United Shades of America' in Atlanta
- Flavor Flav Offered to Give O.J. Simpson Back His Bronze Statue
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Javier Colon performs May 4, 2016 at Rams Head on Stage
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here