In case her name doesn’t ring a bell ladies, this is the same chick who will poke fun at your mama, yank your weave, spit in your face, and cuss you out all in the same episode (and that’s if you’re lucky enough to catch her on a good day.)
Despite Pollard’s extended absence from the spotlight—although some might say her 15 minutes ended long ago—the television gods have apparently seen enough wannabes on “The Bad Girls Club,” and want the real deal.
During an interview with Steven McCoy, Pollard confirmed that she and her team have already put the finishing touches on a pilot for her new show, which fans can expect to see later this year.
If history is any indication, viewers will be in for one wild ride full of neck-rolling, finger-waging and sass-mouthing like it’s going out of style.
“I’ve been long awaiting a hearty healthy return to reality television and the concept would have to be something that is right and fit my life where it is now,” Pollard explained. “Fortunately three weeks ago I shot a pilot with a brilliant production crew and the concept is bananas. When you guys see this its gonna be like wow we couldn’t have seen her or accepted her back in any other way. I am coming.”
she continued, “This has to be divine favor because nobody is off of television this long and people still have such a strong passion to see that person succeed. I know my fans know how much their energy actually means to me because the constantly keep me reminded of my destiny. Look at the outcry and the outpouring of people wanting me back on television. They are responsible for the pilot. I wouldn’t have even come back to reality if I did not pay attention to the fans.”
During her stint on VH1, New York looked for love in all the wrong places, including multiple seasons chasing after Flavor Flav, hip hop’s notorious, clock-wearing, viking hat sporting, court jester. But after a string of hit and misses over the years, she has finally found a new beau and her outlook on love has never been clearer, she says.
“There is somebody in my life and he is a big part of it and he influences me daily. We’ve been together for a while and I keep it real private and that’s why I think it works. Sometimes when you’re moving in certain circles people try to infiltrate that love. So we keep it private. It works.”
Listen to the full interview:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- David Cash Reemerges as 'Justdavid'
- ‘Deadpool’ Off the Charts, ‘Single’ Suffers, and ‘Zoolander 2’ is Clueless
- Russell Simmons Announces All Def Movie Awards
- Aretha Franklin to Perform for First Time Ever in Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- LAUSD Whistleblower Protection - Does it Exist?
- Meryl Streep's 'We’re all African' Crazy Talk About Diversity
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Boot Campaign Honors Lieutenant Colonel Dr. Marie Walters
- Black History Month at ESPN: 'SportsCenter' at Hampton for Historic Lacrosse Match; ‘Rise Up’; ‘Spike Lee’s Lil Joints’; NBA's John Wall & Miyah
- ICYMI: POTUS on ‘Ellen’; Ruben & Fantasia on ‘American Idol’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here