*The Cable Television Network TNT recently announced it’s cancellation of two dramas, “Southland” starring Regina King and “Monday Mornings” starring Ving Rhames Both shows collapsed under the pressure of ratings demands, and wont be picked up for another season, sources say.
This marks the end of a five year run for Southland, which revolved around the Los Angeles Police Depart. The gritty series was originally part of NBC’s evening lineup before it was canceled. Meanwhile, King, who played a detective on the show, has signed on for the ABC pilot “Divorce: A Love Story.” Also, “Monday Mornings,” a nursing drama starring Rhames (go figure), premiered in February but was cut short after only two months.
“TNT has made the difficult decision not to renew ‘Southland’ for another season. We are enormously proud of ‘Southland,’ which stands as one of the best police dramas ever made,” the network said in a statement.
“Executive producers John Wells, Chris Chulack and Jonathan Lisco, along with creator Ann Biderman and our partners at Warner Bros. Television, have given us five seasons of powerful, unforgettable storytelling, for which we are deeply grateful. We also want to thank the amazing cast for their impassioned, no-holds-barred performances, and the production team for their tenacity shooting on the streets of real-world Los Angeles. We wish everyone associated with ‘Southland’ the very best.”
In a statement announcing the cancelation, TNT called “Monday Mornings” a “unique and powerfully moving drama,” but acknowledged the show’s difficulty in attracting an audience.
“We are extremely grateful to executive producers David E. Kelly, Bill D’Elia and Dr. Sanjay Gupta, on whose novel the series was based,” the network said. “They crafted a unique and powerfully moving drama full of memorable situations and characters brought to life by a terrific ensemble cast. Unfortunately the show never built its audience enough to warrant its continuation. We wish everyone involved with ‘Monday Mornings’ the best and hope to work with them again in the future.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Black Stars Support Oscars At NAACP Image Awards (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here