*The Cable Television Network TNT recently announced it’s cancellation of two dramas, “Southland” starring Regina King and “Monday Mornings” starring Ving Rhames Both shows collapsed under the pressure of ratings demands, and wont be picked up for another season, sources say.
This marks the end of a five year run for Southland, which revolved around the Los Angeles Police Depart. The gritty series was originally part of NBC’s evening lineup before it was canceled. Meanwhile, King, who played a detective on the show, has signed on for the ABC pilot “Divorce: A Love Story.” Also, “Monday Mornings,” a nursing drama starring Rhames (go figure), premiered in February but was cut short after only two months.
“TNT has made the difficult decision not to renew ‘Southland’ for another season. We are enormously proud of ‘Southland,’ which stands as one of the best police dramas ever made,” the network said in a statement.
“Executive producers John Wells, Chris Chulack and Jonathan Lisco, along with creator Ann Biderman and our partners at Warner Bros. Television, have given us five seasons of powerful, unforgettable storytelling, for which we are deeply grateful. We also want to thank the amazing cast for their impassioned, no-holds-barred performances, and the production team for their tenacity shooting on the streets of real-world Los Angeles. We wish everyone associated with ‘Southland’ the very best.”
In a statement announcing the cancelation, TNT called “Monday Mornings” a “unique and powerfully moving drama,” but acknowledged the show’s difficulty in attracting an audience.
“We are extremely grateful to executive producers David E. Kelly, Bill D’Elia and Dr. Sanjay Gupta, on whose novel the series was based,” the network said. “They crafted a unique and powerfully moving drama full of memorable situations and characters brought to life by a terrific ensemble cast. Unfortunately the show never built its audience enough to warrant its continuation. We wish everyone involved with ‘Monday Mornings’ the best and hope to work with them again in the future.”
- NYC Mayor: Officials 'Reviewing' Donald Trump's City Contracts
- Robin Thicke Distracted by Marriage Fail During ‘Blurred Lines’ Lawsuit
- Sherri Shepherd Settles Custody Battle with Lamar Sally
- Bobbi Kristina was Taken to Chicago; Ricky Bell Tries to Comfort Bobby
- Duh! New Gun-Shaped iPhone Case: Scary, Stupid, Dumb, Dangerous Idea
- Geraldo Blames Kendrick Lamar for Damaging Young Black Males
- Steven Spielberg Reduces The Rock to a 'Big Ass Kid' with Personal Letter
- Black Confederate Flag Defender Believes Slavery was a ‘Choice’ (WATCH)
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Black Lives Matter Interview with Lucy McBath
- Congresswoman Waters Applauds U.S.-Cuba Agreement to Open Embassies
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here