*The Cable Television Network TNT recently announced it’s cancellation of two dramas, “Southland” starring Regina King and “Monday Mornings” starring Ving Rhames Both shows collapsed under the pressure of ratings demands, and wont be picked up for another season, sources say.
This marks the end of a five year run for Southland, which revolved around the Los Angeles Police Depart. The gritty series was originally part of NBC’s evening lineup before it was canceled. Meanwhile, King, who played a detective on the show, has signed on for the ABC pilot “Divorce: A Love Story.” Also, “Monday Mornings,” a nursing drama starring Rhames (go figure), premiered in February but was cut short after only two months.
“TNT has made the difficult decision not to renew ‘Southland’ for another season. We are enormously proud of ‘Southland,’ which stands as one of the best police dramas ever made,” the network said in a statement.
“Executive producers John Wells, Chris Chulack and Jonathan Lisco, along with creator Ann Biderman and our partners at Warner Bros. Television, have given us five seasons of powerful, unforgettable storytelling, for which we are deeply grateful. We also want to thank the amazing cast for their impassioned, no-holds-barred performances, and the production team for their tenacity shooting on the streets of real-world Los Angeles. We wish everyone associated with ‘Southland’ the very best.”
In a statement announcing the cancelation, TNT called “Monday Mornings” a “unique and powerfully moving drama,” but acknowledged the show’s difficulty in attracting an audience.
“We are extremely grateful to executive producers David E. Kelly, Bill D’Elia and Dr. Sanjay Gupta, on whose novel the series was based,” the network said. “They crafted a unique and powerfully moving drama full of memorable situations and characters brought to life by a terrific ensemble cast. Unfortunately the show never built its audience enough to warrant its continuation. We wish everyone involved with ‘Monday Mornings’ the best and hope to work with them again in the future.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Jerrod Carmichael: New Onyx Phone Makes Filming Police Brutality Easy (WATCH)
- Universal Eyeing Michael B. Jordan and Jonah Hill for Def Jam Biopic
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Pro-Lifers: ‘Get Out of My Vagina!’
- Jennifer Hudson Dishes on Film Roles, Style and Weight Loss
- Sparkletainment Presents 'Loves Freedom' a One-woman Stage Performance (WATCH)
- 'Why You Always Lying' Creator Calls Viral Success 'Crazy'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here