*New developments in the Travyon Martin murder trial have sent the court up in a frenzy.
According to reports, the slain teen was texting a friend about fighting and smoking marijuana. Texts also included photos of a gun and what appeared to be a marijuana plant.
The information comes from George Zimmerman’s camp, in a battle to have texts included in the trial.
Zimmerman, who will stand trialstarting June 10 for slaying Trayvon, is pleading not guilty to second-degree murder, claiming self-defense. The trial begins next month.
Since the murder, bits of information about the teen have been excluded from the court proceedings, including cell phone text messages. However Zimmerman’s attorneys want them to be included because they have voiced it is possible that the messages could explain Travyon’s behavior during the events that took place in February last year.
In the text messages, Martin tells a friend that his mother had told him he needs to move out of her house and move in with his father since he was caught skipping school. He also talks with a friend about smoking “weed.”
In another section, he describes being in a fight where his opponent got more hits than he did in the first round.
The hearing regarding the texts messages and photos is set for next Tuesday.
- Black Comedienne to Compete on New Season of 'Last Comic Standing' (WATCH)
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here