*New developments in the Travyon Martin murder trial have sent the court up in a frenzy.
According to reports, the slain teen was texting a friend about fighting and smoking marijuana. Texts also included photos of a gun and what appeared to be a marijuana plant.
The information comes from George Zimmerman’s camp, in a battle to have texts included in the trial.
Zimmerman, who will stand trialstarting June 10 for slaying Trayvon, is pleading not guilty to second-degree murder, claiming self-defense. The trial begins next month.
Since the murder, bits of information about the teen have been excluded from the court proceedings, including cell phone text messages. However Zimmerman’s attorneys want them to be included because they have voiced it is possible that the messages could explain Travyon’s behavior during the events that took place in February last year.
In the text messages, Martin tells a friend that his mother had told him he needs to move out of her house and move in with his father since he was caught skipping school. He also talks with a friend about smoking “weed.”
In another section, he describes being in a fight where his opponent got more hits than he did in the first round.
The hearing regarding the texts messages and photos is set for next Tuesday.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- J.Lo's 'Shades of Blue' Scores Second Season
- Lamar Sally: ‘Sherri Shepherd Has Made My Life A Living Hell’
- Super Bowl 50: As Seen From Beyonce’s Instagram
- 'Wendy's Style Squad' Coming to BET
- Bills RB LeSean McCoy Scraps With 3 Off-Duty Cops Over Bubbly
- Flavor Flav to Face Vegas Judge in DUI Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here