*New developments in the Travyon Martin murder trial have sent the court up in a frenzy.
According to reports, the slain teen was texting a friend about fighting and smoking marijuana. Texts also included photos of a gun and what appeared to be a marijuana plant.
The information comes from George Zimmerman’s camp, in a battle to have texts included in the trial.
Zimmerman, who will stand trialstarting June 10 for slaying Trayvon, is pleading not guilty to second-degree murder, claiming self-defense. The trial begins next month.
Since the murder, bits of information about the teen have been excluded from the court proceedings, including cell phone text messages. However Zimmerman’s attorneys want them to be included because they have voiced it is possible that the messages could explain Travyon’s behavior during the events that took place in February last year.
In the text messages, Martin tells a friend that his mother had told him he needs to move out of her house and move in with his father since he was caught skipping school. He also talks with a friend about smoking “weed.”
In another section, he describes being in a fight where his opponent got more hits than he did in the first round.
The hearing regarding the texts messages and photos is set for next Tuesday.
- The Socialist's Journal: The Peril of Being Hillary Clinton
- Gunshots Damage 3 Luxury Cars At Studio Connected with Rick Ross
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here