*Oprah Winfrey made a surprise appearance on “Live With Kelly & Michael” this morning, bringing unbridled joy to the entire studio audience as well as co-hosts Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan.
Tyler Perry – who tried to call Oprah the last time he co-hosted with Kelly (at Kelly’s request) – did one better this morning while there to promote tonight’s premiere of his new series, “The Haves and the Have Nots,” on Winfrey’s OWN network.
After feigning a call to Oprah with a bad connection, Oprah said, “Let me see if I can get a better connection,” and simply walked onto the stage, making her first appearance on the show. The place went crazy. A shocked Ripa and Strahan scrambled to make Oprah feel comfortable. At one point, the former New York Giants linebacker got down on all fours to offer himself as her footstool. Ripa was hardly able to speak.
“There are so many things I’ve always wanted to ask you, but now that you’re here, they’re out of my head,” she told Winfrey.
“I’m so delighted to be here,” Winfrey replied before declaring that Strahan and Ripa are now “the reigning king and queen” of daytime.
Later, Kelly got lost in Oprah’s eyes while asking a question, telling her, “It’s like looking into the sun.”
Watch Oprah’s surprise below. (It gets going at around 1:43)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- F. Gary Gray in Talks to Direct ‘Fast and Furious 8’
- Wendy Williams Wants Terrence Howard Off 'Empire'; He Responds
- EUR On the Scene: The 18th Annual First Ladies High Tea (WATCH)
- Iyanla Vanzant Gets Real as Woman Confronts Gay Pastor Husband
- Memo to Publisher McGraw-Hill: 'Slaves' Were Not 'Workers' (Watch)
- Tupac Planned to Kill ‘Thug Life’ Via 'Thug Life is Dead' Letter
- Steven Ivory: Lunch, with a Side of Humility
- Janet Jackson Reschedules Vegas Shows Supposedly to Rest Voice
- Jeremiah Wright is Still Hatin' on President Obama
- The Socialist's Journal: Quarterly Quick Hits Part 3
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here