*Oprah Winfrey made a surprise appearance on “Live With Kelly & Michael” this morning, bringing unbridled joy to the entire studio audience as well as co-hosts Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan.
Tyler Perry – who tried to call Oprah the last time he co-hosted with Kelly (at Kelly’s request) – did one better this morning while there to promote tonight’s premiere of his new series, “The Haves and the Have Nots,” on Winfrey’s OWN network.
After feigning a call to Oprah with a bad connection, Oprah said, “Let me see if I can get a better connection,” and simply walked onto the stage, making her first appearance on the show. The place went crazy. A shocked Ripa and Strahan scrambled to make Oprah feel comfortable. At one point, the former New York Giants linebacker got down on all fours to offer himself as her footstool. Ripa was hardly able to speak.
“There are so many things I’ve always wanted to ask you, but now that you’re here, they’re out of my head,” she told Winfrey.
“I’m so delighted to be here,” Winfrey replied before declaring that Strahan and Ripa are now “the reigning king and queen” of daytime.
Later, Kelly got lost in Oprah’s eyes while asking a question, telling her, “It’s like looking into the sun.”
Watch Oprah’s surprise below. (It gets going at around 1:43)
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Lester Holt Tops Ratings in 1st Week as Official ‘Nightly News’ Anchor
- First Look: Chiwetel Ejiofor, Julia Roberts in ‘Secret in Their Eyes’ (Trailer)
- Halle Berry on Leaving Modeling for Acting: ‘It Took Me Years to Build Respect’
- Victoria Rowell Wants Back on ‘The Young and the Restless’?
- Are We Bananas or is This Dude One Handsome Gorilla?
- Essence Expands Digital Programming with 'Live from the Essence Festival'
- Cops Called to Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Over Family Fights
- Mexico Won’t Send Contestant to Miss Universe Due to Donald Trump
- Misty Copeland Named 1st Black Female Principal Dancer at American Ballet Theatre
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here