*Tyler Perry’s new promo for the launch of his new OWN series is a hilarious mash up of his popular ‘Madea’ who is in search of Oprah’s “The Color Purple” ‘Sofia” (see it below).
The actor and producer and filmmaker and whatever else he’s got under his belt, is set to push two original shows for OWN, “The Haves and the Have Nots” along with “Love Thy Neighbor.” Both will premiere on May 28 and 29.
In conjunction, Oprah’s exclusive interview with Tyler on “Oprah’s Next Chapter” will air on May 26.
A press release for the network’s upcoming events reveals that immediately following the “Next Chapter” chat, it’s off to Atlanta for “Tyler Perry Comes to OWN: Behind The Scenes,” a backstage peek at Perry’s studios and a look inside the “Perry process.”
In addition to all the wonderful excitement, the two have something else to celebrate.
Tyler’s new collection of series happen to be the first sitcoms the network has seen since it’s 2011 launch.
“The Haves and the Have Nots” will follow the lives the wealthy Cryer family and their maid, Hanna, while the comedy “Love Thy Neighbor” will channel “Alice” at a family-owned neighborhood restaurant called Love Train Diner.
“Love Thy Neighbor” is based the Mama Hattie character from Perry’s plays, while “The Haves and the Have Nots” is based on Perry’s 2011 musical play of the same name.
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here