*Tyler Perry’s new promo for the launch of his new OWN series is a hilarious mash up of his popular ‘Madea’ who is in search of Oprah’s “The Color Purple” ‘Sofia” (see it below).
The actor and producer and filmmaker and whatever else he’s got under his belt, is set to push two original shows for OWN, “The Haves and the Have Nots” along with “Love Thy Neighbor.” Both will premiere on May 28 and 29.
In conjunction, Oprah’s exclusive interview with Tyler on “Oprah’s Next Chapter” will air on May 26.
A press release for the network’s upcoming events reveals that immediately following the “Next Chapter” chat, it’s off to Atlanta for “Tyler Perry Comes to OWN: Behind The Scenes,” a backstage peek at Perry’s studios and a look inside the “Perry process.”
In addition to all the wonderful excitement, the two have something else to celebrate.
Tyler’s new collection of series happen to be the first sitcoms the network has seen since it’s 2011 launch.
“The Haves and the Have Nots” will follow the lives the wealthy Cryer family and their maid, Hanna, while the comedy “Love Thy Neighbor” will channel “Alice” at a family-owned neighborhood restaurant called Love Train Diner.
“Love Thy Neighbor” is based the Mama Hattie character from Perry’s plays, while “The Haves and the Have Nots” is based on Perry’s 2011 musical play of the same name.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Tracy Morgan Says God Spoke to Him After Crash: ‘I Went to the Other Side’
- Mariah Carey Celebrates Christmas, Talks Motherhood/Co-Parenting with Steve Harvey
- Ex Cowboys RB Joseph Randle Arrested at Kansas Casino
- Vain or Not? Diddy Stays Youthful With Wrinkle-Free Method (Watch)
- ‘Creed’s Ryan Coogler and Tessa Thompson Reveal Their Favorite ‘Rocky’ Film
- Court Denies Sherri Shepherd’s Appeal to Stop Child Support Payments
- St. Louis Rams Receiver Stedman Baily Shot Twice in the Head
- Yuck Factor :( Guess Where This Woman Got the Yeast to Make Sourdough Bread?
- Will Smith on 20 Year Marriage to Jada: 'Grueling, Excruciating' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here