*Usher and Darius Rucker have joined the lineup of performers for the Oklahoma relief concert organized and headlined by country star Blake Shelton.
The May 29 event, titled Healing in the Heartland: Relief Benefit Concert, will raise oney for the United Way of Central Oklahoma May Tornadoes Relief Fund. NBC is set to air a live broadcast of the concert at 9 p.m. ET/PT; it also will air cable networks Style, G4, Bravo, E! and CMT on either a live or delayed basis.
Usher and Rucker join a lineup that also includes Shelton’s wife Miranda Lambert Luke Bryan, Rascal Flatts, Ryan Tedder of OneRepublic, Reba McEntire and Vince Gill.
Tickets for the Heartland concert, which will take place at Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, went on sale Saturday morning and sold out in less than five minutes, according to NBC.
United Way of Central Oklahoma plans to use the money raised for immediate, intermediate and long-term recovery and rebuilding efforts in Oklahoma following the tornadoes that devastated the town of Moore last week.
Usher currently is a coach alongside Shelton on NBC’s singing competition “The Voice.” The eight-time Grammy winner has sold more than 44 million albums worldwide and racked up nine No. 1 hits on the Hot 100.
Rucker, the Hootie and the Blowfish frontman-turned-country singer, released his third country album, “True Believers,” in May. Single “Wagon Wheels” hit No. 1 on Billboard’s Hot Country Chart.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here