*Fox’s precious “New Girl” – so precious that the network has given it the coveted post-Super Bowl slot in 2014 – will wrap its second season tonight in a finale that includes everything from a traditional Indian wedding to Taylor Swift.
The episode, titled “Elaine’s Big Day,” finds Cece (Hannah Simone) exchanging vows with Shivrang (Satya Bhabha) in an arranged marriage, a move she sought after failing to find a suitable mate herself. “[Swift] plays a surprise guest that shows up at the wedding,” Simone told Us Magazine. “She’s incredibly funny and was such a delight. We all were laughing, she was great.”
Meanwhile, Cece’s ex – and possible true love – Schmidt (Max Greenfield), conspires with his roommate Winston (Lamorne Morris) to throw a wrench in the nuptials.
We caught up with Morris and Simone, the show’s lone people of color, to talk about the evolution of their characters since shooting the pilot two years ago.
“Didn’t think she was going to end up sleeping with Schmidt,” Simone said right off the bat.
Said Lamorne: “She thought it was going to be Winston.”
“I used to get a little frustrated because I’d want to know what’s coming for my character,” Simone continued. “And then I realized, well it’s kind of like how life works.
“I was totally surprised to see that Cece, you know that girl we met in the pilot, is now exploring having children and an arranged marriage, and I mean it’s wonderful, that they kind of explore the characters that deeply.”
Below, Simone explains how the cast’s on-screen chemistry reflects their off-screen friendships.
Watch a behind-the-scenes look at “New Girl’s” season 2 finale ,”Elaine’s Big Day,” below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here