*Fox’s precious “New Girl” – so precious that the network has given it the coveted post-Super Bowl slot in 2014 – will wrap its second season tonight in a finale that includes everything from a traditional Indian wedding to Taylor Swift.
The episode, titled “Elaine’s Big Day,” finds Cece (Hannah Simone) exchanging vows with Shivrang (Satya Bhabha) in an arranged marriage, a move she sought after failing to find a suitable mate herself. “[Swift] plays a surprise guest that shows up at the wedding,” Simone told Us Magazine. “She’s incredibly funny and was such a delight. We all were laughing, she was great.”
Meanwhile, Cece’s ex – and possible true love – Schmidt (Max Greenfield), conspires with his roommate Winston (Lamorne Morris) to throw a wrench in the nuptials.
We caught up with Morris and Simone, the show’s lone people of color, to talk about the evolution of their characters since shooting the pilot two years ago.
“Didn’t think she was going to end up sleeping with Schmidt,” Simone said right off the bat.
Said Lamorne: “She thought it was going to be Winston.”
“I used to get a little frustrated because I’d want to know what’s coming for my character,” Simone continued. “And then I realized, well it’s kind of like how life works.
“I was totally surprised to see that Cece, you know that girl we met in the pilot, is now exploring having children and an arranged marriage, and I mean it’s wonderful, that they kind of explore the characters that deeply.”
Below, Simone explains how the cast’s on-screen chemistry reflects their off-screen friendships.
Watch a behind-the-scenes look at “New Girl’s” season 2 finale ,”Elaine’s Big Day,” below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Tracy Morgan Says God Spoke to Him After Crash: ‘I Went to the Other Side’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here