*Fox’s precious “New Girl” – so precious that the network has given it the coveted post-Super Bowl slot in 2014 – will wrap its second season tonight in a finale that includes everything from a traditional Indian wedding to Taylor Swift.
The episode, titled “Elaine’s Big Day,” finds Cece (Hannah Simone) exchanging vows with Shivrang (Satya Bhabha) in an arranged marriage, a move she sought after failing to find a suitable mate herself. “[Swift] plays a surprise guest that shows up at the wedding,” Simone told Us Magazine. “She’s incredibly funny and was such a delight. We all were laughing, she was great.”
Meanwhile, Cece’s ex – and possible true love – Schmidt (Max Greenfield), conspires with his roommate Winston (Lamorne Morris) to throw a wrench in the nuptials.
We caught up with Morris and Simone, the show’s lone people of color, to talk about the evolution of their characters since shooting the pilot two years ago.
“Didn’t think she was going to end up sleeping with Schmidt,” Simone said right off the bat.
Said Lamorne: “She thought it was going to be Winston.”
“I used to get a little frustrated because I’d want to know what’s coming for my character,” Simone continued. “And then I realized, well it’s kind of like how life works.
“I was totally surprised to see that Cece, you know that girl we met in the pilot, is now exploring having children and an arranged marriage, and I mean it’s wonderful, that they kind of explore the characters that deeply.”
Below, Simone explains how the cast’s on-screen chemistry reflects their off-screen friendships.
Watch a behind-the-scenes look at “New Girl’s” season 2 finale ,”Elaine’s Big Day,” below.
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Watch Obama Meet Woman Named Weezy and Break Into ‘Jeffersons’ Theme Song
- Queen Latifah Moved By Her Own ‘Bessie’ Performance: I ‘Made Myself Cry’
- Floyd Mayweather, Jr. to Ronda Rousey: ‘Big Bank Take Little Bank’
- Beautiful Diversity of Redheads of African Descent Documented
- Zendaya Checks Twitter Hater Who Called her Parents ‘Ugly’
- Chris Brown Rips Baby Mama for Having a BF Accused of Forgery
- Watch Serena Williams Do Her Karaoke Thing with 'The Little Mermaid'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here