*will.i.am is not ashamed to admit that he’s got ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder). In an interview with Britain’s Sunday Mirror, the B.E.P. frontman talked about his condition.
“I have ADHD. I’ll admit it,” will.i.am told the magazine. “I’ve got all this stuff in my head at the same time as I’m doing stuff and I don’t know how to stop or slow down. But it’s all good because I know how to control it.”
It must work to his advantage because he’s got so many ingenious hit records and has received numerous accolades for his work.
“One thing I learned about ADHD is that it’s hard to keep your attention and you can’t sit still and you’re always moving and thinking about a whole bunch of things. But those traits work well for me in studios and in meetings about creative ideas.”
There you have it. It’s not all bad.
“I’ve figured out a place for it. If you listen to the songs I write, they are the most ADHD songs ever. They have five hooks in one and it all happens in three minutes. I figured out a way of working with it,” he continued
And for him, music has been therapy, working with his condition.
“Music is my therapy and my straitjacket. Music keeps me sane and keeps my mind on something. It’s fragile up there,” he said. “My mind would wander, and if it wanders then that’s not good because I could scare myself thinking of weirdo stuff,” he added. “Music brings control to my thoughts. It’s not escape -it’s just order. I’m making order out of a disorder.”
- The Second Deadly Assault on Sandra Bland
- Troubling: Two Officers Corroborated Killer Cop's False Account of DuBose Killing
- Audio Interview: Basketball and Art Unite to Inspire Youth Life Skills (Listen)
- Your MISSION: Laser Tag
- Kim Kimble, Celebrity Hairstylist Panelists at Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo~Aug 1&2@The Reef
- THE (07-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Black Comedienne to Compete on New Season of 'Last Comic Standing' (WATCH)
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here