*A woman who claims she left a Rihanna concert with a case of herpes is suing M.A.C. Cosmetics Inc., claiming she got the virus from a lipstick sample she applied after being approached by a M.A.C. rep.
Starkeema Greenidge claims she was at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn when the rep approached her to apply the RiRi Woo, red lipstick — endorsed by Rihanna — to her upper lip, then, told her to press her lips together and spread it around.
The suit claims the lipstick had been previously applied to the lips of others at the concert, and that someone who had tried it previously had the herpes virus.
Greenidge told TMZ the day after the concert, “My whole lip was irritated and hugely swollen.” Greenidge says she went to a doctor and he told her she had herpes.
The suit accuses M.A.C. of shoddy business practices — applying lipstick directly from the tube instead of using either disposable samples or individual swabs.
Greenidge is suing for unspecified damages.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Three 6 Mafia Rapper Koopsta Knicca Dies of Stroke at 40
- Freshman, 18, Dies in Shooting at Texas Southern University; Obama Protested in Ore.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here