Previously, the presiding judge declared the slain teen’s recreational drug use off limits.
George Zimmerman’s attorney filed a motion Monday claiming that Martin likely was under the influence of marijuana at the time of his death in February 2012, reports the Associated Press.
Zimmerman’s representative, Attorney Don West, says Trayvon’s history of marijuana use could be relevant to the case and for the jury to properly evaluate his actions the night he was shot.
His trial is scheduled to start next month.
Zimmerman is pleading not guilty, claiming self-defense.
Prosecutors have asked a judge to not allow Martin’s drug use or other personal matters from being used at trial which is scheduled to begin June 10.
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Future Scores First No. 1 Album with ‘DS2’; Tyrese's 'Black Rose' No. 3
- Sherri Shepherd Returning to 'The View' as Contributor
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Tyler Perry ‘Keeping the Peace' Between Houston, Brown Families
- WATCH: 'Mega Fest of the West' takes overs Long Beach with Celebs & Gospel Artists!
- Raven-Symone Says Caitlyn Jenner’s Moving ‘Too Fast, Too Soon’
- Mary J. Blige, Queen Latifah Join NBC’s ‘The Wiz Live!’
- Josh Smith Says Making $6.9 Million will be A Hardship for Him (VIDEO)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here