Previously, the presiding judge declared the slain teen’s recreational drug use off limits.
George Zimmerman’s attorney filed a motion Monday claiming that Martin likely was under the influence of marijuana at the time of his death in February 2012, reports the Associated Press.
Zimmerman’s representative, Attorney Don West, says Trayvon’s history of marijuana use could be relevant to the case and for the jury to properly evaluate his actions the night he was shot.
His trial is scheduled to start next month.
Zimmerman is pleading not guilty, claiming self-defense.
Prosecutors have asked a judge to not allow Martin’s drug use or other personal matters from being used at trial which is scheduled to begin June 10.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Kehoe Brothers to Direct R-rated Action-comedy for Tyler Perry
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here