Previously, the presiding judge declared the slain teen’s recreational drug use off limits.
George Zimmerman’s attorney filed a motion Monday claiming that Martin likely was under the influence of marijuana at the time of his death in February 2012, reports the Associated Press.
Zimmerman’s representative, Attorney Don West, says Trayvon’s history of marijuana use could be relevant to the case and for the jury to properly evaluate his actions the night he was shot.
His trial is scheduled to start next month.
Zimmerman is pleading not guilty, claiming self-defense.
Prosecutors have asked a judge to not allow Martin’s drug use or other personal matters from being used at trial which is scheduled to begin June 10.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Serena Williams Advances to Second Round at Wimbledon
- Hot Rumor: The Entire ‘L&HH: Atlanta’ Cast Has Been Fired!
- WATCH Queen Latifah's Hilarious 'Ice Age' Freestyle (EUR Exclusive)
- Rihanna Posts Crotch Video of Her Performance in Glasgow (Watch)
- Chris Brown’s Long Suffering Publicist Quits After He Curses Her Out
- Man 'Pulls Penis Out' to Scan on Self-Service Tray (Yes, He's in Jail)
- Pres. Obama Tries to Name Everyone Who Died on ‘Game of Thrones' - For a Good Cause (Watch)
- Sheila E on Her Prince Tribute for BET and its Emotional Toll
- BET’s Debra Lee on Jesse Williams, D’Angelo’s Absence, Electrocution Concerns for Beyonce, More
- Ludacris to Play Guantanamo Bay on Fourth of July
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here