Previously, the presiding judge declared the slain teen’s recreational drug use off limits.
George Zimmerman’s attorney filed a motion Monday claiming that Martin likely was under the influence of marijuana at the time of his death in February 2012, reports the Associated Press.
Zimmerman’s representative, Attorney Don West, says Trayvon’s history of marijuana use could be relevant to the case and for the jury to properly evaluate his actions the night he was shot.
His trial is scheduled to start next month.
Zimmerman is pleading not guilty, claiming self-defense.
Prosecutors have asked a judge to not allow Martin’s drug use or other personal matters from being used at trial which is scheduled to begin June 10.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- David Cash Reemerges as 'Justdavid'
- ‘Deadpool’ Off the Charts, ‘Single’ Suffers, and ‘Zoolander 2’ is Clueless
- Russell Simmons Announces All Def Movie Awards
- Aretha Franklin to Perform for First Time Ever in Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- LAUSD Whistleblower Protection - Does it Exist?
- Meryl Streep's 'We’re all African' Crazy Talk About Diversity
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Boot Campaign Honors Lieutenant Colonel Dr. Marie Walters
- Black History Month at ESPN: 'SportsCenter' at Hampton for Historic Lacrosse Match; ‘Rise Up’; ‘Spike Lee’s Lil Joints’; NBA's John Wall & Miyah
- ICYMI: POTUS on ‘Ellen’; Ruben & Fantasia on ‘American Idol’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here