Previously, the presiding judge declared the slain teen’s recreational drug use off limits.
George Zimmerman’s attorney filed a motion Monday claiming that Martin likely was under the influence of marijuana at the time of his death in February 2012, reports the Associated Press.
Zimmerman’s representative, Attorney Don West, says Trayvon’s history of marijuana use could be relevant to the case and for the jury to properly evaluate his actions the night he was shot.
His trial is scheduled to start next month.
Zimmerman is pleading not guilty, claiming self-defense.
Prosecutors have asked a judge to not allow Martin’s drug use or other personal matters from being used at trial which is scheduled to begin June 10.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Socialist's Journal/ The Prodigy: Esther Okade Taking College Courses at 11?!
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): PRINCE IN CINEMA - Remembered by the AAFCA
- Parents of 4-Yr-Old who Fell in Gorilla Enclosure Catching Hell on Social Media
- Newlywed Needs: Best Investment Purchases for the Recently Wed
- Rinkins Report: Financial Expert Shares Insights He Used to Overcome $250k Debt on Reality Series
- THE (05-31-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Dwayne Johnson’s Meal Plan Involves Eating 10 Pounds of Food Everyday
- Janet Jackson’s Trainer Reveals How to Get Her Famous Abs
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here