*In a recent interview, Alicia Keys said she hopes Rihanna is surrounded by “good people,” so that she won’t fall victim to exploitation within the music industry.
Asked her opinion of the young pop star in an interview with the London Evening Standard, Keys said she admires Rihanna’s “style” and the fact she is “so unapologetic.” But Keys also voices concerns about young artists who work too hard.
“It’s such a tricky, crazy business, and when people are a little bit younger than me, I’m always hoping that their soul is good ’cause it can be such a soulless space,” she said. “Who’s really loving you and making sure that you’re ok? Because everybody wants to make sure you’re ok when they can get something from you, and they’re getting a percentage from you. But they don’t technically care if you’re ok. They just wanna make sure you can stand so you can go to work. So naturally I am always thinking about people and hoping that in this very soulless place they can find completion.”
Keys admits she doesn’t know Rihanna personally, but hopes she is being looked after properly by her team.
“I don’t know her personally like that. But I do know there’s a lot of good people at Roc Nation (Rihanna’s management company). And I do think that as we all get older, you start to be able to say, ‘No, I’m not gonna take that from you any more.’ So… I’m proud of Rihanna. Because it’s not easy to stand up in this crazy world and make it and keep going and try new things. And find your way through it.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Parking Lot Crowded, Can't Locate Your Car? Meet 'Zus'
- Draya Michele's Post-Baby Body - Richard Sherman Pranks Himself
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here