*In the new issue of Marie Claire, Alicia Keys admits she “didn’t really like” her husband Swizz Beatz when she first met him.
The singer, 33, said used to find her hubby of three years “annoying” because he was always showing off by speeding around in his expensive car and wearing flashy bling.
“Swizz will have the fastest car, the biggest jewelry, the loudest jacket; everything with him is really over the top,” she told Marie Claire. “I used to see him and think, ‘He is so annoying.’”
Alicia – who first met Swizz when she was a teenager after they were introduced through a mutual friend – claims the 34-year-old hip-hop artist was the inspiration behind her “That’s When I Knew” track – which is from her fifth studio album “Girl On Fire” – because the lyrics describe how “all of a sudden” she fell in love with him.
Alicia – who has a two-year-old son Egypt with Swizz – explained: “’That’s When I Knew’ is definitely an ode to my husband… Honestly I didn’t really like him that much. I thought he was too ostentatious.”
Alicia believes she and her husband have a great relationship because they have been able to teach each other new things and grow together.
She said: “I think we’ve taught each other a lot. He’s taught me to live more fully and I think I’ve taught him to live more deeply.”
The full interview can be read in the July issur of Marie Claire magazine, out now.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- PETA Offers $5K for Info On Puppies Found in Sealed Aquarium in the Woods
- Patti LaBelle Has More for Walmart; Steph Curry Buys a Mansion
- Laquan McDonald Killing Prompts Protesters to Target Black Friday Shopping Areas
- Kim Foxx Vows Reform for Chicago After Laquan McDonald Case
- #BLM Movement Picks Up Support from Benjamin Chavis and NNPA
- Jahlil Okafor: 76ers Rookie in Fight Outside Boston Nightspot (VIDEO)
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- THE (11-27-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- R&B Soul Jazz Singer Kenya Covers 'Little Drummer Boy' (Listen)
- T-Pain Tells Larry King Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here