*In the new issue of Marie Claire, Alicia Keys admits she “didn’t really like” her husband Swizz Beatz when she first met him.
The singer, 33, said used to find her hubby of three years “annoying” because he was always showing off by speeding around in his expensive car and wearing flashy bling.
“Swizz will have the fastest car, the biggest jewelry, the loudest jacket; everything with him is really over the top,” she told Marie Claire. “I used to see him and think, ‘He is so annoying.’”
Alicia – who first met Swizz when she was a teenager after they were introduced through a mutual friend – claims the 34-year-old hip-hop artist was the inspiration behind her “That’s When I Knew” track – which is from her fifth studio album “Girl On Fire” – because the lyrics describe how “all of a sudden” she fell in love with him.
Alicia – who has a two-year-old son Egypt with Swizz – explained: “’That’s When I Knew’ is definitely an ode to my husband… Honestly I didn’t really like him that much. I thought he was too ostentatious.”
Alicia believes she and her husband have a great relationship because they have been able to teach each other new things and grow together.
She said: “I think we’ve taught each other a lot. He’s taught me to live more fully and I think I’ve taught him to live more deeply.”
The full interview can be read in the July issur of Marie Claire magazine, out now.
- Street Leading to Sandra Bland's Alma Mater Renamed in Her Honor
- Burger King Proposes to McDonalds ... in the Name of Peace
- Had Your Fill Yet?
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts - Black Stars of the Great White Way (Part I)
- Russell Wilson Says God Has Anointed Him and Ciara
- 'WAGS' Star Autumn Ajirotutu on Why She’s Not a Gold-Digger
- Did Enquirer Pay Nick Gordon $40K to Visit Bobbi Kristina’s Grave?
- George Zimmerman Calls Pres. Obama ‘Ignorant Baboon’ in Twitter Rant Over WDBJ Shootings
- Former NBA Star Darryl Dawkins (Chocolate Thunder) Dies at 58
- Chris Brown Tattoos Huge Bull on Other Side of his Head
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here