*In the new issue of Marie Claire, Alicia Keys admits she “didn’t really like” her husband Swizz Beatz when she first met him.
The singer, 33, said used to find her hubby of three years “annoying” because he was always showing off by speeding around in his expensive car and wearing flashy bling.
“Swizz will have the fastest car, the biggest jewelry, the loudest jacket; everything with him is really over the top,” she told Marie Claire. “I used to see him and think, ‘He is so annoying.’”
Alicia – who first met Swizz when she was a teenager after they were introduced through a mutual friend – claims the 34-year-old hip-hop artist was the inspiration behind her “That’s When I Knew” track – which is from her fifth studio album “Girl On Fire” – because the lyrics describe how “all of a sudden” she fell in love with him.
Alicia – who has a two-year-old son Egypt with Swizz – explained: “’That’s When I Knew’ is definitely an ode to my husband… Honestly I didn’t really like him that much. I thought he was too ostentatious.”
Alicia believes she and her husband have a great relationship because they have been able to teach each other new things and grow together.
She said: “I think we’ve taught each other a lot. He’s taught me to live more fully and I think I’ve taught him to live more deeply.”
The full interview can be read in the July issur of Marie Claire magazine, out now.
- Kem: 25 Years of Sobriety, Opens Up on Overcoming Drug Addiction
- Bree Newsome Reveals Reason Behind Removing the Confederate Flag
- LA Mayor Garcetti Finally Agrees to Meet with Black Lives Matter Activists (Dramatic Video)
- Compton Mayor Invites Submissions for 'Compton Champions' Awards
- THE (07-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Photos: Usher and Miguel Host 5th Post BET Awards Party [Look: Photo Gallery]
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here