*Bill Cosby thinks Black Muslims are cool.
Despite his Christian roots, the outspoken comedian recently explained why he feels that people should model their lives after Black Muslim principles.
In an op-ed piece for the New York Post entitled, “A Plague of Apathy,” Cosby went into depth about the nuances of being Muslim, and why he advocates the lifestyle.
Cosby wrote: “I’m a Christian. But Muslims are misunderstood. Intentionally misunderstood. We should all be more like them. They make sense, especially with their children. There is no other group like the Black Muslims, who put so much effort into teaching children the right things, they don’t smoke, they don’t drink or overindulge in alcohol, they protect their women, they command respect”
Cosby’s reasoning for advocating Islamic beliefs appear sound, but not to former Florida Republican Congressman Allen West, who responded on twitter, saying:
“2day in NY Post, Bill Cosby said we should b more like Muslims. U mean honor killings, beheadings, suicide bombings? Hope ur kidding sir.”
West has come under fire for past comments that were widely deemed Islamophobic and culturally insensitive.
He once claimed that the Quran teaches its followers “to carry out attacks against Americans and innocent people.”
And he once called his then-colleague Rep. Keith Ellison, one of the only Muslims serving in Congress, someone that represents “the antithesis of the principles upon which this country was established.”
West was recently hired by Fox News as a contributor. Coincidence? Doubt it.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- SNL's 'The Day Beyoncé Turned Black' is Beyond Hilarious (WATCH)
- Video Shows Raven-Symone Didn't Get 'Slapped Upside the Chest' (WATCH)
- VIDEO: Who will President Obama Pick to Replace Justice Scalia?
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here