*The emergence of a New York Times video of Paula Deen and Hollis Johnson, the black man she described as being so black she couldn’t see him standing in front of a dark board, has prompted the question, “Who is Hollis Johnson?”
Turns out that Hollis Johnson (pictured above with Deen) is Paula’s personal security manager who also owns Above and Beyond Tranportation.
As we all know, Paula is currently in the midst of both a trial and backlash surrounding her professed use of the N-word and alleged racism.
In the video (see it below) Paula is seen bringing her friend Hollis on stage. She then followed with the joke, “Come out here Hollis! We can’t see you standing against that dark board!”
She pointed to the black backdrop during the interview and said he’s “black as this board.” Johnson is called to the stage and she said, “We can’t see you in front of that dark board.” She added, “This is my son by another father… I can trust him with my life and color ain’t got nothing to do with it!”
After the video surfaced, RumorFix reached out to Hollis for comment. As of now he hasn’t returned any calls or made any public statements yet.
There is no denying that Hollis and Dean are close in some way. They’ve taken trips to Hooters and the Super Bowl together and last December, he posted this picture with the caption: “She loves me and I love her!!!” (See photos of Paula and Hollis here.)
Deen has been the topic of discussion with her questionable statements and views. During an appearance on “Times Talks,” Deen justified her extreme views saying, “We’re all prejudiced against one thing or another. I think black people feel the same prejudice that white people feel.”
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here