*Angela Bassett and Gabrielle Union are the first presenters announced for the BET Awards ’13, hosted by Chris Tucker and taking place at the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles on Sunday, June 30 at 8 p.m.
Previously announced performers include R. Kelly, Chris Brown and Miguel. Miami Heat star Dwyane Wade was recently announced as the honoree of the Humanitarian Award presented by State Farm, and Charlie Wilson will receive the Cadillac Lifetime Achievement Award.
This year, the festivities and excitement expands with the first-ever BET Experience at L.A. LIVE, a three-day weekend filled with comedy, gospel and soulful music concerts, seminars, film screenings and “106 & PARK” tapings.’
The Roots will perform on Saturday, June 29 at Club Nokia as well as curate a one-time-only hip-hop experience with Nelly, Eve, MC Lyte and Too $hort.
This year for the first time, the general public can purchase tickets to the BET Awards with a BET Experience VIP Package, which also includes 3-day tickets to nightly concerts at the Staples Center. http://www.axs.com/betexperience.
BET Mobile’s official BET AWARDS app is now available on iPhone and Android devices with exclusive photo, video and interactive content.
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Russell Wilson, Ciara Practicing Abstinence: ‘I Need You to Pray for Us’ (Watch)
- Michael K. Williams Joins ‘Ghostbusters’ All-Female Remake
- Tami Roman Says Shaunie O’Neal Will ‘Pop Off’ on ‘BBWLA’ This Season (Watch)
- Fo Yo Soul Recordings/RCA Signs Christon Gray
- Nick Gordon Hires Casey Anthony’s Lawyer
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here