*Antoine Fuqua’s name is rarely mentioned without the phrase, “director of ‘Training Day’” somewhere close by.
After all, the Pittsburgh-born filmmaker got an Academy Award-winning performance out of star Denzel Washington, who beat Russell Crowe’s nominated performance for “A Beautiful Mind” during the 2001 ceremony.
Although Fuqua, 47, is proud of “Training Day” and its critical and commercial success, he admits he’s growing weary of studios putting the “director of Training Day” tag in front of everything he does.
Up next for Fuqua is a documentary on rap mogul Suge Knight and a biopic on drug lord Pablo Escobar.
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Watch Obama Meet Woman Named Weezy and Break Into ‘Jeffersons’ Theme Song
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here