*Antoine Fuqua’s name is rarely mentioned without the phrase, “director of ‘Training Day’” somewhere close by.
After all, the Pittsburgh-born filmmaker got an Academy Award-winning performance out of star Denzel Washington, who beat Russell Crowe’s nominated performance for “A Beautiful Mind” during the 2001 ceremony.
Although Fuqua, 47, is proud of “Training Day” and its critical and commercial success, he admits he’s growing weary of studios putting the “director of Training Day” tag in front of everything he does.
Up next for Fuqua is a documentary on rap mogul Suge Knight and a biopic on drug lord Pablo Escobar.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here