*Antoine Fuqua’s name is rarely mentioned without the phrase, “director of ‘Training Day’” somewhere close by.
After all, the Pittsburgh-born filmmaker got an Academy Award-winning performance out of star Denzel Washington, who beat Russell Crowe’s nominated performance for “A Beautiful Mind” during the 2001 ceremony.
Although Fuqua, 47, is proud of “Training Day” and its critical and commercial success, he admits he’s growing weary of studios putting the “director of Training Day” tag in front of everything he does.
Up next for Fuqua is a documentary on rap mogul Suge Knight and a biopic on drug lord Pablo Escobar.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-26-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EUR on the Scene: 2nd Annual Alma Del Barrio Salsa Festival
- People of Note: Paying Tribute to Michael
- The Legend Continues Mathew Knowles, Beyonce' & Blue Ivy
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here