For his 2013 R&B return, the singer decided to pay homage to the greatest music of the century via the album title.
“At one point, I think everybody should face the music. It’s also about paying homage to the greats before us,” he said. “There’s a lot of music that’s out right now and it’s like, did you put thought into that? Is it real? Would it be appreciated by the greats? That’s why I wanted to title the album Face the Music.”
Avant admits, he’s grown over the years and his music has matured. So, with this new piece of music, he says faithful fans will see a transformation in him through song.
“From the beginning album to this album it shows so much growth. I have more to talk about. I’ve been in love. I’ve had kids,” he said. “There’s a lot going on. The vocabulary expands deeper. With songs like ‘Gratitude’ it pays homage to what music is itself. Every year you should show growth in your product.”
Check out the full interview at Essence.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Chrissy Teigen’s Planned Parenthood Comments Spark Twitter Beef
- Kym Whitley: Inspiring Adoptive Parents While 'Building Memories' [EUR Exclusive]
- Must See! Tracee Ellis Ross Sings with Mom Diana in 'Vegas (WATCH)
- Watch: Mr. 'N*ggers Gotta Learn How to Read' Resigns Police Chief Gig (After Only One week!)
- NYC Cabbie: Roker Snub a ‘Misunderstanding’; Peele & Peretti Get Engaged
- Black Pastors Dispute Donald Trump’s Endorsement Claim for Meeting
- How the #BLM Movement Stays Alive & Effective Outside Spotlight
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here