*Beyonce likes wearing leotards on stage. Need evidence? Look above.
Some of ya’ll need to get over it.
Does Superman not wear his cape when he’s saving the day? Do cops not wear their badge while on patrol? And will you ever catch an old school pimp without his cane, some blow, and a few hoes?
Nevertheless, Beyonce’s critics persist. After appearing on stage at a Chime for Change concert wearing little more than a leotard, the criticisms flew against the performer.
Many wanted to know why the women’s rights charity concert had to be promoted with skimpy outfits and the sexualization of women. Well, Jada Pinkett-Smith took to her Facebook soapbox to address the backlash caused by the singers’ attire.
“Whose body is this anyway?” she started. “There was some backlash about the performance outfits for the Chime concert. Since a woman’s body has been deeply connected to sin, it’s easy to forget all the power and beauty her body and sexuality possesses.
“Yes, with this power comes great responsibility, but how was Beyoncé’s tasteful outfit irresponsible? Here is the problem I see, a woman’s body is too much power for one woman to have, even Beyoncé. Although we see corporations exploit this power through women and girls, with far less clothing on than Beyoncé, to sell their products, do we protest? But hey, a woman has to be in check, right? Know her position since we’ve all been taught that a powerful woman is dangerous and that a powerful man makes the world go round.
“Here’s the deal… soon the reign of shame on a woman’s body and her control of it will end. She will be autonomous. For she can’t truly be free without it. And oh, boy…what a different world this place will be…when she is free.”
Other performers like Jennifer Lopez, Mary J. Blige, Rita Ora and Iggy Azalea were also criticized for their barely-there outfits and on-stage sexual gestures.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Remodeling Your Home: The Risks You Need to Know
- THE (05-02-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- OMG! Did Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, Really Respond to My Friendly 'Hello?'
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here