*Bill Cosby says he wanted “The Cosby Show” to represent a parenting philosophy that would “take the house back” from kids.
“I based the series on two important things: No. 1 … I hated those series where the children were brighter than the parents, and those parents had to play dumb,” Cosby said in an interview with ABC News. “No. 2 was that I wanted to ‘take the house back.'”
Shows that try to be funny by making the parents seem “stupid ” and kids seem “ultra-bright” are problematic, the actor and comedian says.
“Parents make it difficult because we want to be well-liked,” he said. “And I’m not saying that parenting, you shouldn’t want to be well-liked, but you also have to have some kind of judgment.”
In other Cosby news, the entertainer took some time on Father’s Day to pay tribute to his late son, Ennis.
He posted the above photo on Facebook, along with the message: “Ennis William Cosby was our gift. And his gift is for you.”
The touching photo has since received more than 7,000 “likes.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Aretha Franklin to Perform for First Time Ever in Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- LAUSD Whistleblower Protection - Does it Exist?
- Meryl Streep's 'We’re all African' Crazy Talk About Diversity
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Boot Campaign Honors Lieutenant Colonel Dr. Marie Walters
- Black History Month at ESPN: 'SportsCenter' at Hampton for Historic Lacrosse Match; ‘Rise Up’; ‘Spike Lee’s Lil Joints’; NBA's John Wall & Miyah
- ICYMI: POTUS on ‘Ellen’; Ruben & Fantasia on ‘American Idol’ (Watch)
- Review: American Masters: B.B. King: The Life Of Riley (Fri, Feb. 12, PBS)
- Hannibal Buress Joins Cast of 'Baywatch' Movie
- ‘Lethal Weapon’ TV Reboot Taps Damon Wayans for Danny Glover Role
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here