*Bill Cosby says he wanted “The Cosby Show” to represent a parenting philosophy that would “take the house back” from kids.
“I based the series on two important things: No. 1 … I hated those series where the children were brighter than the parents, and those parents had to play dumb,” Cosby said in an interview with ABC News. “No. 2 was that I wanted to ‘take the house back.'”
Shows that try to be funny by making the parents seem “stupid ” and kids seem “ultra-bright” are problematic, the actor and comedian says.
“Parents make it difficult because we want to be well-liked,” he said. “And I’m not saying that parenting, you shouldn’t want to be well-liked, but you also have to have some kind of judgment.”
In other Cosby news, the entertainer took some time on Father’s Day to pay tribute to his late son, Ennis.
He posted the above photo on Facebook, along with the message: “Ennis William Cosby was our gift. And his gift is for you.”
The touching photo has since received more than 7,000 “likes.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here