*Bill Cosby says he wanted “The Cosby Show” to represent a parenting philosophy that would “take the house back” from kids.
“I based the series on two important things: No. 1 … I hated those series where the children were brighter than the parents, and those parents had to play dumb,” Cosby said in an interview with ABC News. “No. 2 was that I wanted to ‘take the house back.'”
Shows that try to be funny by making the parents seem “stupid ” and kids seem “ultra-bright” are problematic, the actor and comedian says.
“Parents make it difficult because we want to be well-liked,” he said. “And I’m not saying that parenting, you shouldn’t want to be well-liked, but you also have to have some kind of judgment.”
In other Cosby news, the entertainer took some time on Father’s Day to pay tribute to his late son, Ennis.
He posted the above photo on Facebook, along with the message: “Ennis William Cosby was our gift. And his gift is for you.”
The touching photo has since received more than 7,000 “likes.”
- Former NBA All Star Vin Baker Training for Starbucks Manager Spot
- The Griswolds Are Back On 'Vacation' (Watch)
- The Second Deadly Assault on Sandra Bland
- Troubling: Two Officers Corroborated Killer Cop's False Account of DuBose Killing
- Audio Interview: Basketball and Art Unite to Inspire Youth Life Skills (Listen)
- Your MISSION: Laser Tag
- Kim Kimble, Celebrity Hairstylist Panelists at Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo~Aug 1&2@The Reef
- THE (07-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Black Comedienne to Compete on New Season of 'Last Comic Standing' (WATCH)
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here