*Bill Cosby says he wanted “The Cosby Show” to represent a parenting philosophy that would “take the house back” from kids.
“I based the series on two important things: No. 1 … I hated those series where the children were brighter than the parents, and those parents had to play dumb,” Cosby said in an interview with ABC News. “No. 2 was that I wanted to ‘take the house back.'”
Shows that try to be funny by making the parents seem “stupid ” and kids seem “ultra-bright” are problematic, the actor and comedian says.
“Parents make it difficult because we want to be well-liked,” he said. “And I’m not saying that parenting, you shouldn’t want to be well-liked, but you also have to have some kind of judgment.”
In other Cosby news, the entertainer took some time on Father’s Day to pay tribute to his late son, Ennis.
He posted the above photo on Facebook, along with the message: “Ennis William Cosby was our gift. And his gift is for you.”
The touching photo has since received more than 7,000 “likes.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- AARP: American Association of...'Real Possibilities???'
- Zoe Saldana Inks Deal to Create Digital Shows for Millennial Mothers
- This Landlord Will Only Rent To Tenants With Pit Bulls
- Warren Sapp Pleads Guilty to Domestic Violence, Avoids Jail
- Man Sentenced to 20 Years in One Court, Then Leaves to Marry Girlfriend in Another
- Joseph Patterson Convicted in Death of Adrian Peterson's Son
- 'Family Feud': Sexually Provocative Q&As Have Viewers Alarmed (WATCH)
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Jerrod Carmichael: New Onyx Phone Makes Filming Police Brutality Easy (WATCH)
- Universal Eyeing Michael B. Jordan and Jonah Hill for Def Jam Biopic
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here