*Los Angeles, CA – On Sunday, June 2, Reverend’s Russell Thornhill and Leslie Butke cut the ribbon officially opening the doors of the new home of the Unity Fellowship Church of Christ (UFC) in South Los Angeles.
Founded in 1982 by Archbishop Carl Bean during the height of the HIV/AIDS epidemic, the UFC Movement through the years has grown into a national ministry with the distinction of being known as a spiritual home for the Black same-gender loving and transgender community.
While all are welcome, the UFC has made a point of being the Black church where Black gays can find solace andworship as all of who they are regardless of what they look like or who they love.
Services will be held every Sunday at 11 a.m. at 9608 South Figueroa Street in Los Angeles. For more information, please visit unityfellowshipchurch.org or call (323) 938-8322.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Keke Wyatt's Emotional Cover of Prince’s ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here