*This fall, Blair Underwood will literally roll into his sixth television series in as many years. The 48-year-old actor will star as wheelchair bound detective Robert Ironside in NBC’s update of the original “Ironside,” which ran on the network from 1967 to 1975 with Raymond Burr in the chair.
Underwood says the character’s wheels aren’t the only thing that will set this police drama apart from the countless others crowding the airwaves.
“At the core it’s a story about a detective and his team solving crimes and figuring it out,” Underwood told us at NBC’s recent upfront presentation. “And what makes this different is how he thinks, how he figures out the crimes. It’s going to be different than any other cop and cop show.”
Below, Underwood – who counts leading TV roles in “Sex in the City,” “Dirty Sexy Money,” “LAX,” “The New Adventures of Old Christine” and most recently “The Event” among his extensive film work – says he looks forward to introducing the infamous Ironside character to a new audience.
“Ironside” premieres this fall on NBC. Watch the trailer below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Steven Ivory: If You're Tired of Starting Over....
- Omarosa to Host the 2015 African American Vanguard Awards
- Sorry Hillary: T.I Doesn’t Want a Woman as President
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Talks Pressure Playing O.J. Simpson in ‘Crime Story’
- Will Packer Talks 'Organic Diversity' of New 'Truth Be Told' Series (EUR Exclusive)
- A ‘Much Happier’ NeNe Leakes Reflects on Leaving RHOA, Possible Return
- 'Horrific Video' of 2 Friends Speeding to Their Death Released (Watch)
- Janet Jackson Scores Seventh No. 1 Album With ‘Unbreakable’
- Obama Impersonator Iman Crosson Hits Trump Where It Hurts
- Heartbroken Former Obama Supporter Gives Full Support to Trump [WATCH]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here