*This fall, Blair Underwood will literally roll into his sixth television series in as many years. The 48-year-old actor will star as wheelchair bound detective Robert Ironside in NBC’s update of the original “Ironside,” which ran on the network from 1967 to 1975 with Raymond Burr in the chair.
Underwood says the character’s wheels aren’t the only thing that will set this police drama apart from the countless others crowding the airwaves.
“At the core it’s a story about a detective and his team solving crimes and figuring it out,” Underwood told us at NBC’s recent upfront presentation. “And what makes this different is how he thinks, how he figures out the crimes. It’s going to be different than any other cop and cop show.”
Below, Underwood – who counts leading TV roles in “Sex in the City,” “Dirty Sexy Money,” “LAX,” “The New Adventures of Old Christine” and most recently “The Event” among his extensive film work – says he looks forward to introducing the infamous Ironside character to a new audience.
“Ironside” premieres this fall on NBC. Watch the trailer below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dwayne Johnson’s Meal Plan Involves Eating 10 Pounds of Food Everyday
- Janet Jackson’s Trainer Reveals How to Get Her Famous Abs
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here