*This fall, Blair Underwood will literally roll into his sixth television series in as many years. The 48-year-old actor will star as wheelchair bound detective Robert Ironside in NBC’s update of the original “Ironside,” which ran on the network from 1967 to 1975 with Raymond Burr in the chair.
Underwood says the character’s wheels aren’t the only thing that will set this police drama apart from the countless others crowding the airwaves.
“At the core it’s a story about a detective and his team solving crimes and figuring it out,” Underwood told us at NBC’s recent upfront presentation. “And what makes this different is how he thinks, how he figures out the crimes. It’s going to be different than any other cop and cop show.”
Below, Underwood – who counts leading TV roles in “Sex in the City,” “Dirty Sexy Money,” “LAX,” “The New Adventures of Old Christine” and most recently “The Event” among his extensive film work – says he looks forward to introducing the infamous Ironside character to a new audience.
“Ironside” premieres this fall on NBC. Watch the trailer below.
- S.C. Legislature Has Votes to Remove Confederate Flag; KKK to Rally at Statehouse
- NBC Wants Minority Host to Replace Trump on ‘Celebrity Apprentice’?
- Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin Goes Viral with Anti-Confederate Flag Post
- Report: Tyga Fails to Pay 50K Offered to Squash Underage Sexual Battery Lawsuit
- Lee Daniels Signs Overall Deal with 20th Century Fox TV
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Reveals She’s Having Twins
- NBC Fires Donald Trump Over Racist Comments
- Rich Homie Quan Bails from BET Awards Over Stage Demotion
- Cameron Turner: More White Folks Need to Listen To Us
- Female EMT 'Fired' for Refusal to Support Baby in Distress (Child Dies)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here