*This fall, Blair Underwood will literally roll into his sixth television series in as many years. The 48-year-old actor will star as wheelchair bound detective Robert Ironside in NBC’s update of the original “Ironside,” which ran on the network from 1967 to 1975 with Raymond Burr in the chair.
Underwood says the character’s wheels aren’t the only thing that will set this police drama apart from the countless others crowding the airwaves.
“At the core it’s a story about a detective and his team solving crimes and figuring it out,” Underwood told us at NBC’s recent upfront presentation. “And what makes this different is how he thinks, how he figures out the crimes. It’s going to be different than any other cop and cop show.”
Below, Underwood – who counts leading TV roles in “Sex in the City,” “Dirty Sexy Money,” “LAX,” “The New Adventures of Old Christine” and most recently “The Event” among his extensive film work – says he looks forward to introducing the infamous Ironside character to a new audience.
“Ironside” premieres this fall on NBC. Watch the trailer below.
- NYC Principal Commits Suicide After Found Cheating on Common Core Test, DOE Releases Statement (Video)
- Gilbert Arenas' Deadly Accuracy Gets Him Banned From County Fair
- Khloe Kardashian Denies Cocaine Use at Kylie's Graduation Party
- Jill Scott Set to Perform Live on ABC's 'GMA' Tuesday at 7 AM
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Funeral to be Held This Week; Family Source Says She Will Be Buried Near Her Mother Whitney Houston
- Derek Luke Slams Instagram Trolls, Defends Interracial Marriage
- Bill Cosby Story Triggers Hacker Attack on New York Magazine Website
- Sandra Bland Co-Inmate Certain Suicide is Cause of Death
- Anthony Davis Turned Down 'DWTS' Because, 'I Can't Dance'
- Dionne Warwick Says Bobbi Kristina, 'In Much Better Hands Now’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here