*This fall, Blair Underwood will literally roll into his sixth television series in as many years. The 48-year-old actor will star as wheelchair bound detective Robert Ironside in NBC’s update of the original “Ironside,” which ran on the network from 1967 to 1975 with Raymond Burr in the chair.
Underwood says the character’s wheels aren’t the only thing that will set this police drama apart from the countless others crowding the airwaves.
“At the core it’s a story about a detective and his team solving crimes and figuring it out,” Underwood told us at NBC’s recent upfront presentation. “And what makes this different is how he thinks, how he figures out the crimes. It’s going to be different than any other cop and cop show.”
Below, Underwood – who counts leading TV roles in “Sex in the City,” “Dirty Sexy Money,” “LAX,” “The New Adventures of Old Christine” and most recently “The Event” among his extensive film work – says he looks forward to introducing the infamous Ironside character to a new audience.
“Ironside” premieres this fall on NBC. Watch the trailer below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here