*The dominos just keep falling for Paula Deen.
Caesars Entertainment Corporation announced today that it is severing all ties with the celebrity chef, which means its Deen-themed restaurants at casinos in Mississippi, Illinois, North Carolina and Indiana will be shut down for good.
“While we appreciate Paula’s sincere apologies for statements she made in her past … we have mutually decided that it is in the best interests of both parties to part ways at this time,” Caesars Entertainment executive vice president of communications and government affairs Jan Jones Blackhurst told Celebuzz.
Caesars is now the third company to drop Deen who admit last week to using racial slurs, including the n-word, in the past. Previously Smithfield Foods and the Food Network both ended their relationships with Deen.
Walmart and Kmart — which both carry Deen-branded goods — have not announced whether or not they’ll continue to do so. QVC, on the other hand, has said it is “reviewing” its business relationship with Deen.
As previously reported, Deen appeared on The “Today” Show this morning to address the controversy.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here