*The dominos just keep falling for Paula Deen.
Caesars Entertainment Corporation announced today that it is severing all ties with the celebrity chef, which means its Deen-themed restaurants at casinos in Mississippi, Illinois, North Carolina and Indiana will be shut down for good.
“While we appreciate Paula’s sincere apologies for statements she made in her past … we have mutually decided that it is in the best interests of both parties to part ways at this time,” Caesars Entertainment executive vice president of communications and government affairs Jan Jones Blackhurst told Celebuzz.
Caesars is now the third company to drop Deen who admit last week to using racial slurs, including the n-word, in the past. Previously Smithfield Foods and the Food Network both ended their relationships with Deen.
Walmart and Kmart — which both carry Deen-branded goods — have not announced whether or not they’ll continue to do so. QVC, on the other hand, has said it is “reviewing” its business relationship with Deen.
As previously reported, Deen appeared on The “Today” Show this morning to address the controversy.
- Khloe Kardashian Denies Cocaine Use at Kylie's Graduation Party
- Jill Scott Set to Perform Live on ABC's 'GMA' Tuesday at 7 AM
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Funeral to be Held This Week; Family Source Says She Will Be Buried Near Her Mother Whitney Houston
- Derek Luke Slams Instagram Trolls, Defends Interracial Marriage
- Bill Cosby Story Triggers Hacker Attack on New York Magazine Website
- Sandra Bland Co-Inmate Certain Suicide is Cause of Death
- Anthony Davis Turned Down 'DWTS' Because, 'I Can't Dance'
- Dionne Warwick Says Bobbi Kristina, 'In Much Better Hands Now’
- Celebrities React to Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Death
- Ice-T and Coco Are Gonna Have A Baby!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here