*The dominos just keep falling for Paula Deen.
Caesars Entertainment Corporation announced today that it is severing all ties with the celebrity chef, which means its Deen-themed restaurants at casinos in Mississippi, Illinois, North Carolina and Indiana will be shut down for good.
“While we appreciate Paula’s sincere apologies for statements she made in her past … we have mutually decided that it is in the best interests of both parties to part ways at this time,” Caesars Entertainment executive vice president of communications and government affairs Jan Jones Blackhurst told Celebuzz.
Caesars is now the third company to drop Deen who admit last week to using racial slurs, including the n-word, in the past. Previously Smithfield Foods and the Food Network both ended their relationships with Deen.
Walmart and Kmart — which both carry Deen-branded goods — have not announced whether or not they’ll continue to do so. QVC, on the other hand, has said it is “reviewing” its business relationship with Deen.
As previously reported, Deen appeared on The “Today” Show this morning to address the controversy.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Chris Brown Snatches Phone Away From Woman Recording Him (Watch)
- Malia Obama to Intern This Summer at U.S. Embassy in Spain
- Usher’s ‘Don’t Trump America’ Shirt from BET Awards Now On Sale
- Lil Wayne’s Prison Memoir ‘Gone Til November’ Finally Due in October
- Dollywood's 'World's Fastest Wooden Coaster' is Slowed due to Recall
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- THE (06-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here