*Chris Brown has filed an appeal with the City of L.A. claiming he has a right to have graffiti on the front of his home based on the First Amendment.
The city is trying to fine him for having an “unpermitted” mural on the front wall of his Hollywood Hills home.
According to Brown’s legal filing, obtained by TMZ, the singer argues: “The murals are a reflection of [my] aesthetic taste and a reflection of free speech and expression protected by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.”
Brown’s case is now in the hands of the Dept. of Building and Safety’s board of appeals. If they rule against him, he can bring the case to L.A. County Superior Court.
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here