*After Kansas City Chiefs player Jovan Belcher murdered his girlfriend and then shot himself 7 months ago, the custody of his daughter was still in question.
But now a judge has finally decided who will get custody of the NFL player’s 9-month-old daughter. The judge has appointed Sophie D. Perkins as the legal guardian of Zoey Michelle Belcher.
Perkins is Zoey’s first cousin (once removed) on her mother’s side, reports TMZ.
Belcher killed Kasandra Perkins, Zoey’s mother, on December 1st, 2012. He then drove to Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City and killed himself.
Jovan’s mother made an attempt to gain custody of the child but the judge obviously felt Perkins was the better choice. According to court docs, Zoey will inherit Jovan’s estate valued at $799,119.85.
She’s also reportedly set to receive at least $1,000,000 from the NFL, plus $1.2 million from a life insurance policy.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- NYC Cabbie: Roker Snub a ‘Misunderstanding’; Peele & Peretti Get Engaged
- Black Pastors Dispute Donald Trump’s Endorsement Claim for Meeting
- How the #BLM Movement Stays Alive & Effective Outside Spotlight
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here