*After Kansas City Chiefs player Jovan Belcher murdered his girlfriend and then shot himself 7 months ago, the custody of his daughter was still in question.
But now a judge has finally decided who will get custody of the NFL player’s 9-month-old daughter. The judge has appointed Sophie D. Perkins as the legal guardian of Zoey Michelle Belcher.
Perkins is Zoey’s first cousin (once removed) on her mother’s side, reports TMZ.
Belcher killed Kasandra Perkins, Zoey’s mother, on December 1st, 2012. He then drove to Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City and killed himself.
Jovan’s mother made an attempt to gain custody of the child but the judge obviously felt Perkins was the better choice. According to court docs, Zoey will inherit Jovan’s estate valued at $799,119.85.
She’s also reportedly set to receive at least $1,000,000 from the NFL, plus $1.2 million from a life insurance policy.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Ben Carson Now Blaming the Holocaust on Gun Control (Watch)
- Done Deal: F. Gary Gray Confirmed to Direct ‘Fast & Furious 8’
- Kelly Rowland is the New Face of Seagram’s Escapes
- Temple Board of Trustees Set to Replace Bill Cosby with Tamron Hall
- Rinkins Report: FMU's Black Male College Explorers Program helps decrease achievement gap
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here