*After Kansas City Chiefs player Jovan Belcher murdered his girlfriend and then shot himself 7 months ago, the custody of his daughter was still in question.
But now a judge has finally decided who will get custody of the NFL player’s 9-month-old daughter. The judge has appointed Sophie D. Perkins as the legal guardian of Zoey Michelle Belcher.
Perkins is Zoey’s first cousin (once removed) on her mother’s side, reports TMZ.
Belcher killed Kasandra Perkins, Zoey’s mother, on December 1st, 2012. He then drove to Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City and killed himself.
Jovan’s mother made an attempt to gain custody of the child but the judge obviously felt Perkins was the better choice. According to court docs, Zoey will inherit Jovan’s estate valued at $799,119.85.
She’s also reportedly set to receive at least $1,000,000 from the NFL, plus $1.2 million from a life insurance policy.
- EUR Q&A: Carl Pittman, Black Conservative, 'Offended' By Black Lives Matter
- Dennis Haysbert to Voice NBC’s ‘Meet the Press’ Intro
- 50 Cent On Verge of Getting Electricity Shut Off?
- Damon Wayans Reveals Tracy Morgan's Undisclosed Walmart Settlement; Morgan's Camp Puzzled
- The New Yorker Cover Depicts President Kanye West
- EUR Quickie: Shocking Photo! ... Can U Guess Who This is?
- Janet Jackson Releases Title Track from ‘Unbreakable’ (Listen)
- Criminal Charges Recommended for Camper Accused of Terrorizing Black Family
- Holy Crap! My House is On Fire...I'd Better Grab My Spareribs! (Video)
- Maya Angelou’s Art Collection Heading to Auction
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here