*After Kansas City Chiefs player Jovan Belcher murdered his girlfriend and then shot himself 7 months ago, the custody of his daughter was still in question.
But now a judge has finally decided who will get custody of the NFL player’s 9-month-old daughter. The judge has appointed Sophie D. Perkins as the legal guardian of Zoey Michelle Belcher.
Perkins is Zoey’s first cousin (once removed) on her mother’s side, reports TMZ.
Belcher killed Kasandra Perkins, Zoey’s mother, on December 1st, 2012. He then drove to Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City and killed himself.
Jovan’s mother made an attempt to gain custody of the child but the judge obviously felt Perkins was the better choice. According to court docs, Zoey will inherit Jovan’s estate valued at $799,119.85.
She’s also reportedly set to receive at least $1,000,000 from the NFL, plus $1.2 million from a life insurance policy.
- KDAY 93.5 FM Hosts ‘Uplifting Minds II’ National Talent Showcase Competition Saturday, October 24 at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here