*New York, NY –– Geo Bivins, general manager RCA Inspiration, has announced the signing of Darnell Davis & The Remnant. The label expects to release new music from the group next year.
The 20-member ensemble is renowned for its youthful energy and dynamic praise and worship that is seasoned with the unique flair of its Minneapolis roots. As an independent act, Darnell Davis & The Remnant has recorded three projects, and have shared the stage with Karen Clark Sheard, Kierra Sheard, Jonathan Nelson, and Minneapolis cohorts Sounds of Blackness. Additionally, Davis is an accomplished songwriter who was written for Ricky Dillard (“Stretch Out Your Hands,” “Now Faith,” “I Surrender All,” “That Name Jesus”); Sounds of Blackness and Wayman Tisdale.
“When I first received their music, I couldn’t stop listening to it,” says Stanley Brown, Head of A&R for RCA Inspiration. “The musicality was on a different level and the songs were just magnetic. Then, I went to go see them live in Minneapolis and I knew this was a group that would add something really special to the genre. I’m excited about their future and happy that their future will be built at RCA Inspiration.”
“As an independent artist, it’s often a challenge to think about signing with a label. But I knew I wanted the broadest platform possible and it takes a strong team to build a strong platform,” says Davis. “I’m excited about being signed and it’s an honor to be part of the RCA Inspiration family,” says Davis. “I’m looking forward to a great future with this company.”
Darnell Davis & The Remnant started as a group of 6 longtime friends singing together, and has grown to include 15 singers and a 5-piece band. They’ve been recording together for nine years. Davis says their diverse sound gives the group staying power in an ever changing Gospel landscape.
“If you want a Sunday morning choir sound, we have that; if you want praise and worship, we have that. We’re not stuck in any one style,” he says.
Stay inspired by Darnell Davis & The Remnant:
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Wendy Williams ‘Disappointed’ in Nicki Minaj Checking Miley Cyrus (Watch)
- Deborah Cox Joins Off-Broadway Play about Transgender Identity
- Farrah Franklin (Destiny's Child) Officially Debuts with Sexy New Single: 'Magic and Makeup'
- Black Family Says They Received Racist Threats During Camping Trip
- Prosecutors to Seek Death Penalty for Charleston Church Shooter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here