*New York, NY –– Geo Bivins, general manager RCA Inspiration, has announced the signing of Darnell Davis & The Remnant. The label expects to release new music from the group next year.
The 20-member ensemble is renowned for its youthful energy and dynamic praise and worship that is seasoned with the unique flair of its Minneapolis roots. As an independent act, Darnell Davis & The Remnant has recorded three projects, and have shared the stage with Karen Clark Sheard, Kierra Sheard, Jonathan Nelson, and Minneapolis cohorts Sounds of Blackness. Additionally, Davis is an accomplished songwriter who was written for Ricky Dillard (“Stretch Out Your Hands,” “Now Faith,” “I Surrender All,” “That Name Jesus”); Sounds of Blackness and Wayman Tisdale.
“When I first received their music, I couldn’t stop listening to it,” says Stanley Brown, Head of A&R for RCA Inspiration. “The musicality was on a different level and the songs were just magnetic. Then, I went to go see them live in Minneapolis and I knew this was a group that would add something really special to the genre. I’m excited about their future and happy that their future will be built at RCA Inspiration.”
“As an independent artist, it’s often a challenge to think about signing with a label. But I knew I wanted the broadest platform possible and it takes a strong team to build a strong platform,” says Davis. “I’m excited about being signed and it’s an honor to be part of the RCA Inspiration family,” says Davis. “I’m looking forward to a great future with this company.”
Darnell Davis & The Remnant started as a group of 6 longtime friends singing together, and has grown to include 15 singers and a 5-piece band. They’ve been recording together for nine years. Davis says their diverse sound gives the group staying power in an ever changing Gospel landscape.
“If you want a Sunday morning choir sound, we have that; if you want praise and worship, we have that. We’re not stuck in any one style,” he says.
Stay inspired by Darnell Davis & The Remnant:
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here