*Producers of the upcoming biopic on Nina Simone recently expressed their desire to have Dr. Dre compose the musical score for the film.
In an interview with theGrio, director Cynthia Mort and producer Gene Kirkwood revealed that they are courting the rapper/producer because of his modern sound.
“If we can get Dr. Dre involved, it could be very modern arrangements,” says Kirkwood. “He’s going to see a rough cut in about a week and a half. I would love for him to do what Quincy [Jones] did with In the Heat of the Night and…with In Cold Blood. Quincy did a lot of scoring. I would love if Dre’s next step would be to score it. That would be a great challenge.”
The filmmakers were perhaps inspired by Baz Luhrmann’s decision to collaborate with Jay-Z for the score of Gatsby. The Roc Nation boss is also said to be writing music for the upcoming film adaptation of Annie, which he is also producing.
Mort and Kirkwood also discussed several other aspects of the biopic in the lengthy interview, including defending their controversial decision to cast Zoe Saldana as Simone.
“To judge and to hijack a creative endeavor before it’s finished is the only thing I take any issue with,” Mort said. ”When it’s done you can say whatever you want.”
- People of Note: Jazz at Lincoln Center Opens their 28th Season in the Bronx
- The Great American Phone Lease...
- THE (09-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here