Yesterday, a spokesman for the popular donut chain announced plans to honor the workers at a company event in Florida, but would say no more. However, online supporters argue that financial compensation might be in order, and are raising money for the cause.
The issue arose after a video of the incident at a Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Dunkin’ Donuts went viral on YouTube.
The two employees — identified as Abid and Nithi — were lambasted by a woman who, claiming that she had not received a receipt for a previous day’s purchase, was demanding a free meal.
The woman, Taylor Chapman (pictured below), who used profanities and derogatory terms for African Americans and Arabs, recorded the incident herself and said she was going to post it on Facebook (see it here).
Dunkin’ Brands, which owns the doughnut chain, e-mailed a statement to NBCNews.com but gave no further details of the incident and did not explain how the employees will be honored.
“We commend the franchisee’s crew member for handling this difficult situation with grace and patience. We believe this is a powerful example of great customer service and the respect our crew members have for our guests,” said the statement attributed to Michelle King, Dunkin’ Brands’ Director of Global Public Relations.
“The franchise owner of the restaurant has reached out to the crew member privately to express and demonstrate his personal appreciation,” the statement said, without elaborating on whether the worker was rewarded.
King went on to say: “Additionally, Dunkin’ Brands’ leadership has reached out to the two crew members featured in the video. Both have been invited to an internal company event in Boca Raton later this month for further recognition.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Senator Oscar Braynon Presents 4th Choice Challenge
- THE (05-06-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ralph Fiennes and Tilda Swinton Are Tortured Souls in 'A Bigger Splash'
- Ashanti Produces New Film ('Mothers and Daughters') with Superstar Cast (Watch)
- Birdman on 'Respek' Trending & Confronting The Breakfast Club
- Report Says Percocet Found in Prince's System
- Rappers Arrested for Credit Card Fraud after Rapping about Crimes in Songs
- L. A. City Hall Salutes 'Prince' on Friday, May 6, (Open to Public FREE)
- Alicia Keys Drops New Single - Ellen's $10,000 Gift to Dance Crew (WATCH)
- Prince’s ‘Kiss’ Performed Randomly on Subway Just Days Before He Died (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here