*Elise Neal is heading to TV Land.
The actress, whose last series gig was as D.L. Hughley’s wife, Yvonne, on ABC’s “The Hughleys,” has booked a guest-starring role on “The Soul Man,” The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
The series follows R&B star-turned-minister Reverend Boyce “The Voice” Ballentine (Cedric) after he relocates to St. Louis with his wife, Lolli (Niecy Nash). Now they have a new addition to their household in the form of Stamps (Wesley Jonathan), Boyce’s brother, as they continue to adjust to a new life.
Neal will appear in the second-season finale, slated to air in August, as a reporter named Jessica, who is covering Boyce for a special story.
Additionally, Anthony Anderson will return to the series as Sweet Brown Taylor, Boyce’s former writer and producer from his R&B days. His episode is also scheduled to air in August. Anderson first appeared in season 1.
“The Soul Man” airs 11 p.m. Wednesdays on TV Land.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Rookie Cop Beats Handcuffed Woman & it's Caught on Camera! (WATCH)
- Prince Death Probe: Authorities Looking for 'Friendly' Docs who Prescribed Pills
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here