*Elise Neal is heading to TV Land.
The actress, whose last series gig was as D.L. Hughley’s wife, Yvonne, on ABC’s “The Hughleys,” has booked a guest-starring role on “The Soul Man,” The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
The series follows R&B star-turned-minister Reverend Boyce “The Voice” Ballentine (Cedric) after he relocates to St. Louis with his wife, Lolli (Niecy Nash). Now they have a new addition to their household in the form of Stamps (Wesley Jonathan), Boyce’s brother, as they continue to adjust to a new life.
Neal will appear in the second-season finale, slated to air in August, as a reporter named Jessica, who is covering Boyce for a special story.
Additionally, Anthony Anderson will return to the series as Sweet Brown Taylor, Boyce’s former writer and producer from his R&B days. His episode is also scheduled to air in August. Anderson first appeared in season 1.
“The Soul Man” airs 11 p.m. Wednesdays on TV Land.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Oprah's Convo with T. D. Jakes About Mega Church Series 'Greenleaf' (Photos)
- George Zimmerman Brags About Selling Gun That Killed Trayvon
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Angela Simmons Confirms Pregnancy: 'We Are Overjoyed'
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here