*Elise Neal is heading to TV Land.
The actress, whose last series gig was as D.L. Hughley’s wife, Yvonne, on ABC’s “The Hughleys,” has booked a guest-starring role on “The Soul Man,” The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
The series follows R&B star-turned-minister Reverend Boyce “The Voice” Ballentine (Cedric) after he relocates to St. Louis with his wife, Lolli (Niecy Nash). Now they have a new addition to their household in the form of Stamps (Wesley Jonathan), Boyce’s brother, as they continue to adjust to a new life.
Neal will appear in the second-season finale, slated to air in August, as a reporter named Jessica, who is covering Boyce for a special story.
Additionally, Anthony Anderson will return to the series as Sweet Brown Taylor, Boyce’s former writer and producer from his R&B days. His episode is also scheduled to air in August. Anderson first appeared in season 1.
“The Soul Man” airs 11 p.m. Wednesdays on TV Land.
- Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall Return for 'The Game' Finale
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here