*Elise Neal is heading to TV Land.
The actress, whose last series gig was as D.L. Hughley’s wife, Yvonne, on ABC’s “The Hughleys,” has booked a guest-starring role on “The Soul Man,” The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
The series follows R&B star-turned-minister Reverend Boyce “The Voice” Ballentine (Cedric) after he relocates to St. Louis with his wife, Lolli (Niecy Nash). Now they have a new addition to their household in the form of Stamps (Wesley Jonathan), Boyce’s brother, as they continue to adjust to a new life.
Neal will appear in the second-season finale, slated to air in August, as a reporter named Jessica, who is covering Boyce for a special story.
Additionally, Anthony Anderson will return to the series as Sweet Brown Taylor, Boyce’s former writer and producer from his R&B days. His episode is also scheduled to air in August. Anderson first appeared in season 1.
“The Soul Man” airs 11 p.m. Wednesdays on TV Land.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Black Stars Support Oscars At NAACP Image Awards (WATCH)
- Coalition of Police Officers Support Beyoncé’ & Formation Music Video
- Tina Campbell Calls Husband's Cheating Scandal 'Empowering'
- Regina King Talks ‘American Crime’ and Andre 3000
- Ciara Admits Struggle to Abstain From Sex With Russell Wilson
- Cam Newton Posts Pic of Baby Son Chosen
- Idris Elba Lands Romantic Drama; Samuel L. Jackson Pursues ‘Revival’ Role
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here