*Elise Neal is heading to TV Land.
The actress, whose last series gig was as D.L. Hughley’s wife, Yvonne, on ABC’s “The Hughleys,” has booked a guest-starring role on “The Soul Man,” The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
The series follows R&B star-turned-minister Reverend Boyce “The Voice” Ballentine (Cedric) after he relocates to St. Louis with his wife, Lolli (Niecy Nash). Now they have a new addition to their household in the form of Stamps (Wesley Jonathan), Boyce’s brother, as they continue to adjust to a new life.
Neal will appear in the second-season finale, slated to air in August, as a reporter named Jessica, who is covering Boyce for a special story.
Additionally, Anthony Anderson will return to the series as Sweet Brown Taylor, Boyce’s former writer and producer from his R&B days. His episode is also scheduled to air in August. Anderson first appeared in season 1.
“The Soul Man” airs 11 p.m. Wednesdays on TV Land.
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice-T & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here