*HBO has given the green light to a half-hour comedy pilot from former “Late Night With Jimmy Fallon” writers/performers Diallo Riddle & Bashir Salahuddin, which is executive produced by Late Night exec producer Lorne Michaels, reports Deadline.com.
Written by Riddle and Salahuddin, the untitled project stars the duo as Bashir and Diallo, two 30-year old-reporters, as they try to make it big in the burgeoning black mecca of contemporary Atlanta, aka the New South.
This marks Riddle and Salahuddin’s return to HBO, which gave the two their start in the business with the Web series “The Message.” They went on to write for Comedy Central’s “Chocolate News With David Alan Grier” and, most notably, for NBC’s “Late Night With Jimmy Fallon,” where they also regularly appeared in skits, especially Salahuddin. (Watch Salahuddin as his most popular character Milky J below).
Among the bits Riddle and Salahuddin wrote while on the show was Slow Jam The News With Barack Obama. Riddle and Salahuddin, who met while attending Harvard together, are the latest writers/performers from one of Michaels’ late-night shows to get a primetime project backed by him. This also marks Michaels’ second comedy pilot at HBO. He also has “People In New Jersey.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here