*HBO has given the green light to a half-hour comedy pilot from former “Late Night With Jimmy Fallon” writers/performers Diallo Riddle & Bashir Salahuddin, which is executive produced by Late Night exec producer Lorne Michaels, reports Deadline.com.
Written by Riddle and Salahuddin, the untitled project stars the duo as Bashir and Diallo, two 30-year old-reporters, as they try to make it big in the burgeoning black mecca of contemporary Atlanta, aka the New South.
This marks Riddle and Salahuddin’s return to HBO, which gave the two their start in the business with the Web series “The Message.” They went on to write for Comedy Central’s “Chocolate News With David Alan Grier” and, most notably, for NBC’s “Late Night With Jimmy Fallon,” where they also regularly appeared in skits, especially Salahuddin. (Watch Salahuddin as his most popular character Milky J below).
Among the bits Riddle and Salahuddin wrote while on the show was Slow Jam The News With Barack Obama. Riddle and Salahuddin, who met while attending Harvard together, are the latest writers/performers from one of Michaels’ late-night shows to get a primetime project backed by him. This also marks Michaels’ second comedy pilot at HBO. He also has “People In New Jersey.”
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here