*Former “American Idol” executive producer Nigel Lythgoe has called for original judges Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson to be reinstated in a bid to save the flailing talent show.
Lythgoe announced on Monday (June 9) that he and fellow executive producer Ken Warwick had left after 13 years in charge. The latest season suffered a severe drop in ratings, despite the panel boasting superstar names including Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj.
Lythgoe, who sits as a judge on “So You Think You Can Dance,” insists executives at Fox network should return to the original format to prevent “Idol” from being scrapped.
“I believe in getting people together, testing their chemistry which is what I did with Randy, Paula and Simon,” he tells E! Online. “After that, whoever you bring in is a risk because we’ve (seen) it happen before. It’s one of those things, you don’t know how anybody’s going to be as a judge. You could be the greatest singer in the world (but) that doesn’t necessarily mean you’re going to be a good judge. That little team, Randy, Paula and Simon, again are the template for judges forever now.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- R.Kelly Accused of Screwing Promoter Out of $500k
- W. Kamau Bell Screens 'United Shades of America' in Atlanta
- Flavor Flav Offered to Give O.J. Simpson Back His Bronze Statue
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Javier Colon performs May 4, 2016 at Rams Head on Stage
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here