*Former “American Idol” executive producer Nigel Lythgoe has called for original judges Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson to be reinstated in a bid to save the flailing talent show.
Lythgoe announced on Monday (June 9) that he and fellow executive producer Ken Warwick had left after 13 years in charge. The latest season suffered a severe drop in ratings, despite the panel boasting superstar names including Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj.
Lythgoe, who sits as a judge on “So You Think You Can Dance,” insists executives at Fox network should return to the original format to prevent “Idol” from being scrapped.
“I believe in getting people together, testing their chemistry which is what I did with Randy, Paula and Simon,” he tells E! Online. “After that, whoever you bring in is a risk because we’ve (seen) it happen before. It’s one of those things, you don’t know how anybody’s going to be as a judge. You could be the greatest singer in the world (but) that doesn’t necessarily mean you’re going to be a good judge. That little team, Randy, Paula and Simon, again are the template for judges forever now.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here