*Former “American Idol” executive producer Nigel Lythgoe has called for original judges Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson to be reinstated in a bid to save the flailing talent show.
Lythgoe announced on Monday (June 9) that he and fellow executive producer Ken Warwick had left after 13 years in charge. The latest season suffered a severe drop in ratings, despite the panel boasting superstar names including Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj.
Lythgoe, who sits as a judge on “So You Think You Can Dance,” insists executives at Fox network should return to the original format to prevent “Idol” from being scrapped.
“I believe in getting people together, testing their chemistry which is what I did with Randy, Paula and Simon,” he tells E! Online. “After that, whoever you bring in is a risk because we’ve (seen) it happen before. It’s one of those things, you don’t know how anybody’s going to be as a judge. You could be the greatest singer in the world (but) that doesn’t necessarily mean you’re going to be a good judge. That little team, Randy, Paula and Simon, again are the template for judges forever now.”
- Dwyane Wade Resigns with the Miami Heat.
- Red, White, and Bruised: Decades of Mistreatment Spark Anti-Patriotic Outrage Among Black Americans
- Charlene Crowell: SCOTUS Ruling Preserves Key Fair Housing Tool
- THE (07-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The Pulse of Entertainment: It’s the Beginning of a new era for the 'Terminator' Franchise with 'Terminator Genisys'
- Jason Derulo Channels King of Pop in New 'Cheyenne' Video - WATCH
- Diddy Won't be Prosecuted by DA for UCLA Altercation with Coach
- Karrueche Tran Reveals Her Father is Gay
- The Game Faces Three Years in Prison for Assaulting Cop
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here